• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to link a text without underlining the hyperlinked text

I want to link some of the text in my website's home page to other pages of my website.

When I am adding the link to selected text (as shown in online video tutorial), the linked text is getting underlined. I do not want the linked text to be underlined. An example of the underlined hyperlinked text can be seen in the attached image.

Please help.

Capture.PNG 

6 REPLIES 6
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: How to link a text without underlining the hyperlinked text

Hi @gauravk. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Unfortunate, there isn't a way to change links so that they are not underlined in GoCentral. If this is a necessary feature for you, you may consider building your site using something with a little more flexibility, like WordPress. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Try adding: style="text-decoration: none;" with and without the quotes in your hyperlink.

Hi N7AS,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will definitely try it out. However, at present, my problem is little different and you solution can not be directly applied there.

Currently, I am trying to hyperlink text to an existing page of my website. For this, website builder provides a dropdown of all the pages in the website from which I can choose my desired page to be linked. In this option, I cannot manually enter any other code.

So, instead of selecting a page from the dropdown, should I manually enter the URL of my desired page and then, add the code given by you?

Do you think it is a valid workaround ?

Hi N7AS,

I tried but it didn't work. Please see the attached snapshot.

I tried with and without quotes. Let me know if I am doing something wrong.

hyperlink-error.PNG

New
    Solution

This method removes the underline from a single link.

[code]

<a href="http://www.example.com/" style="text-decoration: none;">Example</a>

[/code]

Give it a try. 

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@gauravk. To clarify, you would be able to make the kind of link that @N7AS has suggested if you use an HTML section. From your screenshot, it looks like you're using Website Builder v7, so this information might help you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.