• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to upload PDF file into My Gallery?

Hi.  I'm trying to build my website and won't allow me to upload a PDF file into my Photo Gallery. I searched the forum for this type issue but couldn't find a solution. I'm not super technical but can follow directions well. Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance, David.

6 REPLIES 6
    Helper III
    Helper III

Re: How to upload PDF file into My Gallery?

I've uploaded PDF files onto my hosting account before. Instead of uploading it to your Gallery (an application that's built for holding img jpg's, etc), try uploading the PDF through your File Manager instead. Just download the PDF, and upload it to the domain folder you want to showcase it on. For further help, you could call up GoDaddy Hosting support. Good luck!

Hi Seth, Thanks for your reply but I have no idea on how to upload the PDF through the File Manager. I will give Hosting Support a call. 

New

I found that when I upload a PDF via the photo gallery, it does upload, but just doesn't show in your GALLERY.       Instead,  I've been able to create a LINK and when the dropdown comes up to add the link, the PDF's are listed there to link to.

I'm trying to find out how to DELETE old PDF's I no longer need in my file manager.    

EDIT  I found out how to delete my PDF's

Please, I am currently logged into my website builder. How do I locate the File Manager? I am trying to upload a pdf file. I see the option to upload images but not how to add files (such as a pdf)

New

It won't let me upload the .pdf - it gives me an error and say's images only. How did you get it to upload?

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @palock. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! This is an older thread and it seems like there was some confusion right off the bat. For GoCentral Website Builder accounts, you would not be able to upload a PDF to a gallery. File Manager is something that exists within hosting plans and isn't applicable to Website Builder accounts. If you absolutely need to show your PDF files in a gallery, I'd suggest converting them to an image file instead, like jpg. Then you can upload them and treat them as an image. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.