• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

How to upload a PDF file and then link it on the Website Builder?

I am trying to upload my client's CV in PDF form but I cannot find any place or button to upload files. I am using the Website Builder. After I upload it, I want to link it on the CV page so that the PDF file opens in the browser. Can anyone help me?

13 REPLIES 13
    Highlighted

Re: How to upload a PDF file and then link it on the Website Builder?

Hi @ryanmerrill,

Here is how to add a downloadable file with a button link to your Website Builder. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Highlighted

I did not find the Left Hand Toolbar as your article mentions. It does not exist on the Website Builder I am using. Please give me the correct advice.

Highlighted
    New

It's the Toolbar you use to do all the different things like link to a YouTube video, create text, etc... Yours may have floated over to the right side or some other position.

Highlighted
    New

Are their different versions of the website builder.  My site is up but the builder I am using looks different than the instructions you showed. 

Highlighted

When I click on the button to add it to my page it does not show the label box or the link box to upload the PDF  Please help

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

@amol @ryanmerrill

Hi Folks!

Thank you for your replies. Yes, there are different versions of Website Builder out there right now. If you're unsure which you have or are not seeing the options in the guide in your builder, reach out to our support team to have them let you know which you have.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Highlighted
    New

My Website Builder program which I just started yesterday doesn't have a left hand toolbar (in order to install buttons, upload pdfs, etc.)

I can't seem to find anything in your support texts to help with this.

Highlighted
    New

I am using the newest GoDaddy website designer and there is no drop down menu on the right side of the Link box.

Highlighted

I followed the directions exactly. No problem with the steps. The file is well below the max size. Still will not work. When the button is clicked, it downloads a strange file. Not the PDF file.

Highlighted

I have a similar problem which I didn't have before. Now, the three button links I have on my site are not opening the PDF files links. Please advise how to have this corrected should I can do anything from side. Waiting your solution. 

Highlighted

I was using MS Edge as a browser, but when I use Internet Explorer the red down arrow IS visible whereas it wasn't on Edge.  But it doesn't let me select anything other than one of my existing pages and not a file!   Grrrrrrrr

Highlighted

Mp4 upload
    Highlighted

I too don't see any kind of toolbar, not at the left, the right, or anywhere. Please advice.