• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

I accidentally deleted a section on the site. Can i get it back? I have not published the changes

8 REPLIES 8
    Helper V

Re: I accidentally deleted a section on the site. Can i get it back? I have not published the change

@OSEPDIt is unlikely. Some features will respond to the Undo button at the top of your screen, but most do not. The templates "save" after each edit so it does not revert back. To my knowledge, your best bet would be to go to your live site and copy the text out of the section you deleted. Then recreate that section. Otherwise, you may want to call customer service to see if there are any other options they can offer. Good luck.

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: I accidentally deleted a section on the site. Can i get it back? I have not published the change

You can use the restore backup feature under Site History in the Settings.

Helper V

I'm thinking that restores the last published version.

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

@HopefulThere's a selection for which backup to restore, but they'll need to weigh if that may be easier or copy&pasting from the live site.

Helper V

@Nate @OSEPD  Yes, I didn't offer that as a solution because s/he said they hadn't published the change/deletion so it's my understanding there would be nothing to restore from.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@OSEPD @Hopeful The Site History feature that @Nate mentioned automatically backs up a GoCentral site any time there is a change. This would include section deletion. Conceivably, you should be able to restore from the version that had the section if it was recent. 

GC-siteHistory.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper V

@JesseW @OSEPD @Nate   Awesome. That's good to know. Thanks!

New

Thank you for this. I wish it could be a simple back button but this is what i've been looking for !!