• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

I am told to "Rotate Your Device" when I click on the Website Builder

I get the message to rotate my table to portrait. I do not use a tablet. I am using a laptop Dell XPS13. I cannot start building my website. What do I need to do to close this error message and start using Web Builder to build my site?

16 REPLIES 16
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: I am told to Rotate Tablet when I click on the Website Builder

Hi,

sorry but that reads 'table' to portrait, not 'tablet' to portrait. Was this a typo? 

I take it that it was.

I'm not entirely sure what's happened here, but my guess would be in setup and settings. I would have a word with support if you can't find a solution.

Good luck.

Re: I am told to "Rotate Your Device" when I click on the Website Builder

Thank you for your response. I have updated the subject to read correctly - I made an assumption that may not be correct. The screen actually states "Rotate Your Device." "The screen is best viewed in portrait mode, please rotate your device." I have reveiwed the settings and it appears to be set correctly

New

Did you figure out how to fix this?  I'm having the same issue.

New

Exactly the same message, support tell me that its my settings but I built the website and got it live, never changed a thing and now i cant go back in as this keeps appearing. Has anyone resolved this yet?

New

Having the same problem, part way through building site using website builder and I now get the same message.  Using a surface pro 3.  Even if I do rotate it, can't edit it when rotated with the keyboard on the side!!!   Has anyone found a fix?  This happened to me midway through editing after I'd pasted in a large amount of text.

did you find a resolution? having the same trouble. are you on windows 10? 

can you build on another browser. 

on the phone with tech support...they act like they've never heard of this

did you find a resolution? having the same trouble. are you on windows 10? 

can you build on another browser. 

on the phone with tech support...they act like they've never heard of this. 

Any help is appreciated...

New

Hi , Did u manage to sort out this issue. The same thing is happening to me and its really annoying!!

I tried using it on a different browser and it was ok for about 20 mins then the same message started coming on there as well.

New
    Solution

I just go off Tech Support.  As a temporary fix the technician said to minimize my screen to 50% (not the zoom level).  It worked.  He said to try to make my screen larger and I did to about 60% and it worked.  When I made my screen wider to past 60%, the error returned.  I returned my screen to 60% and I was able to edit again.

New

That worked!  Thank you.

@BSMInc wrote:

I just go off Tech Support.  As a temporary fix the technician said to minimize my screen to 50% (not the zoom level).  It worked.  He said to try to make my screen larger and I did to about 60% and it worked.  When I made my screen wider to past 60%, the error returned.  I returned my screen to 60% and I was able to edit again.

I am having the same issue, and I'm using a laptop as well. The same laptop that I've created the website on. Every time I click edit, the same message appears. I haven't touched a single setting. I'm confused as to why we now have to minimize our screen in order for the site to function..

Please fix asap.

Solution

I don't know if everyone is still dealing with the same issue, but mine was an easy fix as all I had to do was zoom out b/c it was at 200% on the preview page. All I can say is to make sure the zoom is right and clear your history.

Awesome, thank you.  This fixed the issue. 

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

I see that other people have already addressed this, but for PC users you can also reset the zoom setting to default by pressing CTRL + 0. 

New

Double tap home
    New

Double tap home a few times