• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

I don't like the new Website Builder

I have used your web builder for a long time and encouraged many customers to use it. The new one is AWFUL.  No flexibility and looks like a kid made the program and the themes. I will no longer be using your product.

PLEASE Bring back the old one. PLEASE.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: I don't like the new Website Builder

Hey there @lynnmorr,

I understand your frustration. However, the old website builder is built on obsolete coding and will be retired.

When creating GoCentral, a lot of time was spent on statistical data analysis and it was proven that potential clients preferred a website that was stripped down and minimal, got to the point, and allowed the client to quickly decide if they wanted to participate with the website property.

There are plenty of other website builders out there, though, if you don't like this one. And if you need as much adaptability as you say, WordPress or a CMS is the best way to go.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Joe:

I appreciate your response. However, if you look at all the posts, you will see most of your customers agree with me.

thanks

Lynn Morrison

Super User III
    Super User III

@lynnmorr, I'm not an employee (disclaimer: I used to work there.) I'm a customer as well. I've been building with the website builders since WSB v6, at least. 

As I said, it is very stripped down option wise but the site that comes out, in the end, looks like a professional developed it and it's very easy to use. The efficiency at putting a web site live up within an hour to a few days (depending on how long you want to spend tinkering) is insane. And it can immediately produce results if leveraged correctly.

It sounds to me as if you've outgrown web site builders period and you need something you can take complete control over. Overall, though, GoCentral is a solid option for the novice web site builder to get their online presence out there.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Joe:

You cannot even change the size of the font from text block to text block. You can't change the size of the pictures. You can't change the number of pictures UNLESS you choose a different template.  There is no flexibility. What they had before was much more flexible. When my client sees what I did on the old web builder and says "I want that" and I say "I can't do that in this program anymore" then there is a problem.  Or I have to find somewhere else to spend my money and my customer's money.