Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

I'm getting Error in Gmail Smtp when I host my website in Go Daddy Hosting

8 Points

20 Posts

Regarding GMAIL and SMTP

a few seconds ago|LINK

Hi,

I've recently hosted my website in Go-Daddy and I've developed it using ASP.NET. The thing is, I'm able to send email using my website when I run it locally and when I host it on Go-Daddy and try to run the same page I'm getting the following error:

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 173.194.203.108:25

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 173.194.203.108:25

So, I'm unable to understand what is going wrong do I need to do some thing, because when I research online most of the blogs say that Go Daddy doesn't support gmail anymore, If that is the case then what is the substitute for this problem. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me through Why I'm seeing this error.

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Sandeep

5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: I'm getting Error in Gmail Smtp when I host my website in Go Daddy Hosting

Hi, @sapsingekar. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

With our shared hosting servers, you are required to send emails through our SMTP servers. We don't allow the use of outside SMTP servers. That's likely why you're seeing that error. Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am trying to configure SWIFTMAILER for my domains. Which is the best approach? SMTP or SendMail? Would you please give some advice.

Hi,

I also have the same problem in gmail smtp. I want to make a contact form in mvc asp.net. In local it works. How can i fix that? 

Solution

I solved the problem in this way:

I installed swiftmailer.

I am using this server dedrelay.secureserver.net which is the Godaddy SMTP server.

And I am using port 25.

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Thanks for sharing your solution @jrcscarrillo. To clarify, that mail server can only be used by US hosted VPS or Dedicated Servers. For any of our Shared Hosting platforms, relay-hosting.sercureserver must be used. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.