• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

If I don't renew my GoCentral Free trial will my website be deleted?

I purchased a website on GoDaddy.com and now the GoCentral Website Builder is telling me that if I don't renew after the free trial then all of my work will be lost. Does this mean that my website will disappear if I don't renew? My main question is if I don't renew, will someone still be able to type in my website domain and see my website, or will it actually be gone off the face of the earth? And second, if my website is completely gone if I don't pay for the GoCentral subscription, then what was the point of paying for a domain name for a year if it'll just disappear if I don't pay for GoCentral, and why wasn't I told this when I bought the domain?

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: If I don't renew my GoCentral Free trial will my website be deleted?

There are 3 parts to the equation; the web address, website files, and hosting.  The domain name is simply the web address (like yourname.com), then GoCentral is a hosted self-contained website builder platform which creates and hosts the website files you design in the editor.  The free trial is a tester to see if this solution fits your needs, you would not be able to continue to use the product if you don't purchase it.  Though you could get regular web hosting and create the website by other means, or you could point the domain to another provider you may find to better fit the needs of your website.

So let's just say I don't renew the Website Builder, and I don't get another hosting service or whatever, would people still be able to type in my web address and see my website?

Super User III
    Solution

No, the website and hosting are part of the GoCentral plan.  You wouldn't be able to continue using the free trial after it expires.  You can purchase a plan if you find the program fits your needs, otherwise it would be deleted.  That is separate from the domain name registration, you can use it with a different service or point it to another provider.

Ok, so how would I go about using my domain with a different service?

Super User III
    Solution

First you'll need to choose which service you want to use.  If you go with another GoDaddy product the settings should be automatic if the domain and hosting are in the same account.  If you decide to use a 3rd party provider for hosting they'll give you the settings needed to point the domain.