• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

Image limit

I am on the free trial of the Website Builder.

Is there a limit to the number of images I can upload?

I cannot find a 'Media Library', however I can upload an image when I am replacing a default image from the template. 

I have tried several times to add a fifth image to the list of images I have uploaded. 

I was able to grab the message before it was whisked away.

AuntFrahn_0-1582147229304.png

I really need more than four images for this site.

There is an option for a gallery page - but I don't want a gallery right now.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @AuntFrahn,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, really. Clear your cache. Depending on the browser you're using, some people swear by working in a private/incognito browsing window, or refreshing your pages occasionally to have a smoother experience with the website Builder.You can use this article for more instruction on adding pictures and viewing your Image Library.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Hi @AuntFrahn,

You said the magic word... "Safari". While Safari will work with the website builder, GoDaddy recommends using Chrome or Firefox (in that order). For as long as I've been with GoDaddy, that's been the general consensus on browser compatibility. Safari is limited to Mac use, so the program is designed to be more universal by using those two other browsers. Give that a try and see if your issues will "magically" resolve.

10 REPLIES 10
    Helper I

ON the phone with support. As I was waiting I was able to upload an image. Then I tried to upload another to replace the next default image. That one failed. Mary is now "checking her resources". Then she asked about file size and type. Had already uploaded a couple that were considerably larger. I have a mix of png and jpg. The last to fail was a 24k .png.

Now she is telling me to clear my cache. Really?

I told her I don't think I should have to do that on a regular basis. 

Told her I was hanging up and would call back later.

Very frustrating.

Hi @AuntFrahn,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, really. Clear your cache. Depending on the browser you're using, some people swear by working in a private/incognito browsing window, or refreshing your pages occasionally to have a smoother experience with the website Builder.You can use this article for more instruction on adding pictures and viewing your Image Library.

Thank you.

I cleared the cache and was able to continue building the website.

See, the thing is, I am never sure which stuff I need to clear and how it will impact everything.

Thanks!

It just happened again this morning, so I cleared the cache.

Didn't work.

Getting a 404 error when I click on "My Photos"

Took down each Chrome Session and brought this one up again.

Not working.

After actually "Quitting" Chrome, I was able to view and upload photos to "My Photos".

Thought I was done with this.

Able to upload one photo, then the next one failed.

Really.

Went to Safari. Click on Dashboard - it flickers and goes away.

But, at least I can go to edit the website and have uploaded a couple of images. 

Just don't know if this is a GoDaddy issue or what.

Would have liked to have each of these replies into one this morning.

Hi @AuntFrahn,

You said the magic word... "Safari". While Safari will work with the website builder, GoDaddy recommends using Chrome or Firefox (in that order). For as long as I've been with GoDaddy, that's been the general consensus on browser compatibility. Safari is limited to Mac use, so the program is designed to be more universal by using those two other browsers. Give that a try and see if your issues will "magically" resolve.

Thank you. Disappointing, but something I needed to know.

Hi @AuntFrahn,

I'm sorry, the intent was not to disappoint you. GoDaddy supports four desktop browsers  to use in building your website with us. If you are continuing to build with Safari, please make sure you on on the most current version that your operating system can handle.

Safari stores lots of background data for the pages you visit, so you may need to clear your cache more often. Make sure you have "Enable Javascript" chosen in your settings and pop-ups aren't blocked. If you continue to have a problem in creating your pages, please let us know so we can provide details to our developers on the issue, and we can make it a smoother experience for you and our other Websites+Marketing users.