• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Images reverting back to generic images from theme?

I have been trying to get a response from go daddy why this happened to almost all of my 55 + website accounts?  I did not change the images?  It was reported and never heard back from anyone??  I had to manually go in and make sure that a image I had added was still there or if it was converted to generic image?  

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@jthorne I haven't hear of others reporting this especially on the Websites + Marketing platform.

I know on WordPress with the 5.4 update that favicons reverted back to the default WordPress icon, but that was documented that it would happen. 

What sort of image reverted back and were you given a case number?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for the input!  I have still not gotten any response from Go Daddy as to why it happened in multiple accounts with website+marketing!  Just when I thought I was going to like and trust this new entity and version it does this?  Even in different individual accounts.  My main account houses several of my clients and to make some things work you have to create an account unrelated and even then it doesn't allow you to connect facebook or instagram accounts. 

Every large layout with our images was reverted to theme pictures.  Bull pictures were turned into PIG pictures?  Visa Versa farm pictures were turned into Go Daddy images?  No I was not given a case number was told I would get response from tech's.  It did not happen! 

Hi @jthorne,

It sounds like something very unusual happened in your account or in the program. There have been no reports at GoDaddy of this type of issue occurring.

The users in this community forum will have no access to your account, or the website editor, to determine what your experiencing. Please contact the customer support team at one of the numbers in the link below so they can review and resolve the problem, or get you pointed in the right direction. If calling isn't an option for you, please try the live chat available Monday-Friday from 5am-6pm Arizona time (MST) on the US/English home page (https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us).

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support