• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

In Website + Marketing Website how do you resize pictures so that they aren't so large on the page.

The options that Website + Marketing website builder gives for photo gallery and slide show give pictures that are extremely huge on the page. They throw off the look of the pages. 

Has anyone figured out how to resize the pictures so that they aren't so huge and take up so much space on a page.

12 REPLIES 12
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: In Website Builder how do you resize pictures so that they aren't so large on the page.

Hi @MarianC,

Hopefully you've been able to resize your photos! Here's a video we created to help guide you through on to how to edit photos on Website + Marketing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRi-JIPcjY. Hope it helps!

Rachel 

New

Re: In GoCentral Website how do you resize pictures so that they aren't so large on the page.

You didn't answer the question.  At least not as I understood it.  Let me restate the question to be more specific.  I want to have the onscreen image be smaller so that there is more room for text.  So instead of the onscreen image being say 4" x 6" it is 3" by 5".  Maybe another way to say this is "how do I change the size of the image frame.  The demo was interesting, but doesn't go to the meat of the problem. 

Re: In GoCentral Website how do you resize pictures so that they aren't so large on the page.

I need an answer to this question as well...

I've been with GoDaddy a week and it's thanks to issues like this - and the appalling, arduous, frustrating time I've had with your advisers - that I can't wait for my one-year subscription to lapse.

It appears that Website Builder is too inflexible to display images at the size I'd like them. Which is a shame - I want to mention a professional qualification, and the college insists that the accompanying image is a certain number of pixels high and wide.

I had hopes, from the videos listed on this very website, that I could use a toolbar to draw my own picture and text boxes. Alas, I find that that version of the program is defunct.

GoDaddy's answer above does nothing to address the original question. If there's a way around Website Builder's limitations, I'd love to hear it - but until then, consider me a deeply dissatisfied customer.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Quatermass and everyone else. There isn't a direct way to change image sizes within GoCentral currently. However, I'd like to get a better understanding of the issue you're facing so I can pass it on to our product team appropriately. Could you please provide screenshots of the images you feel are too big as well as information on what size you want them to be? Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I, too, am having trouble with image editing in GoCentral.

1) can I insert an image of my own even if the layout/template i've chosen doesn't have an image in it?? Or am i limited to the page layouts provided without ability to move things around or insert an image whee i want it?

2) And if i'm using a layout that does have an image, say a landscape image, can i replace it with a portrait image?? It seems not, using the replace button; it just crops a small landscape part of my portrait image.

3) As others have asked, can i re-size images in a useful way (there is a resize tool but it doesn't often let me make the image actually look like i want it to).

I really miss some of the flexibility of V. 7 builder, yet we are being encouraged (forced?) to move to GoCentral.

This is a massive problem that needs to be addressed.  There is literally nothing that one can do short of adding a border to their images prior to upload to stop GoCentral from simply bloating your image.  You can resize images in photoshop until you are blue in the face they will always cut off your image and display it in the exact same size.

Super User III
    Super User III

I think everyone here needs to understand the platform you're on.

Website Builder is designed for individuals and small businesses to easily get a website live without knowing how to build one, maintain it, and increase their web presence in the easiest way possible. It was literally designed for simplicity and ease of use, not customization.

If you want more features and customization options that line up with your needs, select a platform designed for just that, like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

This is a reply that could only be written by someone that didn't take the time to understand the issue, which makes me wonder why you would bother to reply. Nothing you say here explains why the user should be subject to random scripting that automatically bloats any image in any size to ensure that the whole image can't be seen. There is nothing logical about how these images are displayed or the fact that how they are displayed is impervious to editing. No other easy to use DIY builder does this, it's quite bizzare.

Just to be clear I love Gocentral, for what it is it's great, I've got about 6 Gocentral sites and at least 3 of them are performing excellent and bringing in plenty of business. That said, the way images are displayed in the gallery widget is quite weird/frustrating.
    Super User I
    Super User I

Hello @WebAmbience@MarianC@JesseW !

We can use my client site as an example, https://navyclubship35.org, the bottom of the homepage has the gallery. 

I think I might know what is going on, as I see it depending on what device I'm on. Mostly on desktop/laptops, I see it. Viewing on my mobile devices (Moto Z2 Force or iPhone 6) I really see no problems with viewing. Click here for viewing mobile device view experience. 

Initial when viewing on my HP ENVY Notebook 13 (Windows 10 Insider build 18362.10022), you can see clearly that it does overpower my screen. Click here to view screenshot. 

The only option I see for editing the widget-gallery is here in this screenshot. 

Now one thing I notice in a lot of desktops/laptops, that DPI/scaling of your graphics can make your experience viewing a website a not so present one. For example, my recommend scaling is 250%. Click here to see my default/recommend setting. 

Once I can it back to 100%, screenshot here, you will see the difference. Now my view experience is a lot better once I changed to 100%, screenshot here

So, the issue at hand for when it's overpowering the webpage, I might caution your desktop/laptop DPI/scaling settings. It can make a BIG difference in the viewing experience. Of course, I changed my DPI/scaling back to the recommended setting (250%), which I know I will experience some webpage viewing experience anyway. 

The code driving the gallery on my website:

<div id="3cd31b4e-f6c2-4317-a860-c93c660bd1a2" class="widget widget-gallery widget-gallery-gallery-1">

So, I believe this issue could be a mix of things. Hope I helped with some information. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I totally understand how frustrating it is. This is a key area we are going to address next year and Ill provide timing updates as we have it. In the meantime, let me try to answer some of the questions below:

1) can I insert an image of my own even if the layout/template i've chosen doesn't have an image in it?? 

Unfortunately, unless the layout allows you to add a picture (which will be shown as an option in the editor), you are not allowed to add pictures to text only layout. We encourage you to switch to another layout that has image input

2) And if i'm using a layout that does have an image, say a landscape image, can i replace it with a portrait image?? 

It depends on which layout you choose and which theme you are at. Generally if your image is cropped off in a specific layout, we will recommend you choose a separate layout as of now. If you have specific example, let me know, we can make a recommendation.

In the meantime, we are working on providing more variety of image container size

3) As others have asked, can i re-size images in a useful way 

Unfortunately, this is not something available today. But we are working on providing resizing / different image container size and cropping option.

Best,

Yun