• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

In my Online Store, why do returning customers have to reenter details every time?

Why do returning customers to my online store have to re-enter their details every visit / purchase, am i missing something in my store setup ?

Customers should be able to create a store account, and be able to log back in to purchase items or review their cart .

Cheers

Craig

32 REPLIES 32
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Re: Online Store

Hi @Harry-Power,

Are you referring to the online-store provided by GoDaddy or a third-party e-commecrce system?  In almost all good carts there is indeed a setting for "remembering logins".  In some systems, the customer has to click a box for explicit permission to remember and retain login information.  Other systems will offer a remembering option on the final checkout page.  Where that box is placed and the options for showing are cart-dependent (e.g. GoDaddy vs WooCommerce vs Magento...).

Because of PCI-Compliance, some carts do not provide the "remember option" unless you have a secure certificate (SSL) installed, or over ride this (or similiar ) option in a configuration file.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Thanks for the reply James,

Yes, it is th GoDaddy Online Store, I find it pretty frustrating due to the lack of features it has vs the cost ...

ie, can't export my product files to Exel for bulk pricing and qty changes - no customer database, other than those who have signed up for email news .....

Reluctantly, I think Shopify is looking good when my subscription runs out in  August

Cheers

Craig

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Harry-Power

Thanks for taking the time to participate here on GoDaddy Community!

I can verify that there isn't a feature for returning customers to log in. I'm not sure if that is something that we will add or not. However, our developers are constantly looking at customer feedback and continue to add features. 

As for bulk editing, this isn't possible via CSV (though you can bulk upload new products this way). However, there is a bulk editing option when managing your products that gives a similar functionality to if you were editing the products in a database/spread sheet. 

Do others in the community think customer login is a feature we should add? It would be great to see more comments on this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Customer login for repeat customers would be a serious PLUS in my book! Shouldn't this pretty much be a default nowadays for any ecommerce solution out there??

Jesse:

Not sure what is being said here. There is a sign in option at the top of the Godaddy shopping cart page (username and password). Is this what you are discussing?

On another note the following shopping cart option would be useful. I am basing these comments on use of ProStores when I was working part time in a local train store.

1 - list view of all product in 'inventory mode' so that changes to multiple product inventories can be made on one page and all changes saved with one click.

2 - a one page method inside the shopping cart to make a single price change to multiple products all priced the same. Again all changes saved with one click.

Joe

I signed up in January with GoDaddy's Online store, AND paid in full for a year.  I first asked customer support how many OPTIONS I was allowed (as I have all custom made products and use up hundreds of options per product) and was told it was UNLIMITED.  So I paid for a year.  6 months later, I'm trying to edit my store and I'm getting errors.  I call support and they tell me they've now limited options to 100 per product - making my store USELESS.

So now I'm demanding a full refund (and getting it), and have had to find a new hosting platform.  After doing tons of research, I went with BigCommerce and I'm VERY happy I did.  They are the same price as GoDaddy ($29.95/mo), but with all the bells and whistles you could ask for!   Customer accounts/logins, the ability to edit orders, customer can edit their carts (without have to delete & re-enter the new product again), a back-end for taking phone orders with ALL the settings you could possibly ask for, the ability to export anything, just check out their site.  I looked at Shopify but they want a % of your sales.  Plus, BigCommerce links to Stripe.  

GoDaddy screwing me over ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Helper V

To clarify what has already been said, the "log back in" feature is actually a combination of features. Typically, the browser offers the feature to remember the userid and possibly the password too. They can do that only if the web page "looks" like it has a userid and/or password. So there are multiple things that could possibly be not working. It could be that it works for one or more browsers but not all.

Certainly i am facing the same problem, Customer account login session should be included in online store it is the much needed service. There are lot of negative things in GoDaddy online store, i curse the day i chose to open my online store with GoDaddy. 

I know this is bringing up an older topic, but I was actually blown away when one of my customers called up and told me that this feature was MISSING!!! This is a no brainer feature to me and needs to get added. Obviously, the information is already stored as we capture emails from orders, so how hard would it be to give them 'account level access' as well - even if it didn't remember the form of payment. 

This should be a one day process for any decent dev to work through. It's a simple secured database that would remember customer name, address and possibly the order history... Not difficult to do.

New

Yes, yes, yes.

When a customer returns and you "know" him, it makes him feel more like family.  Another reason to shop with you.

GoDaddy has excellent customer service, but the company lacks greatly in seeing things from their client's (me) or their client's clients (my customers) viewpoint.

Of course I have to be able to export my inventory and manipulate it!

GoDaddy suffers from being programmer-driven and not sensitive to marketing needs or what a person needs to make it easier to run a business.

The Online Store and other add-ons I've bought are good, but they fall short of where they should logically go.  Should the program be able to tell me which products sell best?  I don't know, but I'm SURE that it should allow me to download/export my own inventory (that I typed in), so that I can manipulate it myself!  I was shocked when cust. svc. told me that there wasn't enough demand for that (ability to export inventory to, say, Excel).  I find that VERY hard to believe.

Conclusion:  Online Store is good.  I like it.  But the jury's still out because it falls short in several key areas.

New

Re: Online Store -- remembering logins, SSL certificates

Last time I heard, the GoDaddy requires the shopping cart domain to have the certificates so that is not the issue.

The real issue is that the feature even exists. There is no other activity recorded, just the account creation and last login. The contact info of actual customers is available if you require it for the Order. Order info can be exported into Excel, although there is a limit to the number that can be exported at once (in my case, it is 120).

The customer should be able to log in and see their order history. This is a preposterous omission on GoDaddy's part, and I have complained about it for years at first formally but then almost every time I happen to speak with GoDaddy customer service about anything else. They sank whatever money they needed to start this thing and have done little to enhance it.

By the way, I've found many ways to work around the inventory option limitations because it hasn't been worthwhile to start from scratch elsewhere. I'm thinking about it, however.

how do i make a LOG IN for online store.  All my competitors have log in at top of their stores...seems go daddy templates DO not?

Re: Online Store (returning customer log-in)

Yes, absolutely, customers should always have that choice - to have their log-in info saved.  I'm wondering if they can save it using the Google auto save?, if it's not offered via the specific website/store?

I would definitely like the option of online shoppers being able to create an account it gives the customer a more"secure" sense of my online store. Less hassle of always have to enter all their info as well

The returning customer feature would be a great addition.  I was actually in my products and looking to see if that was available.  I found this community information and began to look around and saw that someone had already asked.  I'm happy with GoDaddy so far, but this could soon become a deal breaker.  I have customers that are asking for the ability to create an account so they do not have to enter their info and payment choice, each time they order.  

New

I too find it frustrating that there is no option for a customer to sign in and create an account. In fact it might be a deal breaker for me, because I always create an account when shopping online, and I find it a pain to have to re-enter my information. It's important for repeat customers because it allows them view their order history, track their orders, and hold things in their cart until the next time they login. It's helps to create a better customer experience and build a better relationship with them. I was shocked when I found out the feature is not available. I'm currently looking at other options such as Shoppe Pro and Shopify because of this. I wish Godaddy would consider adding this feature on because it really should be included. 

Yes, our customers should be allowed to log in to an account.  The old Quick shopping cart had WAY more (and MUCH better) options than the current online store option.  I may be looking for a new hosting service as well.  I have 1000 products to enter and I have to MANUALLY ENTER THE SAME SET OF OPTIONS FOR EACH ONE!!  In QSC, the option list stayed in a drop down list for you to choose from.  Why did SOOOOOOOO many functions of the QSC not migrate over to the Online Store???????

Re: In my Online Store, why do returning customers have to reenter details every time?

Hi All,

Is the above issues fixed or not. simply there is no customers database even customers can't do the minimum of tracking their orders.

I'm working on starting my online Store very soon and i think this issues existence are the minimum for any online Store.

Thanks

Hi,

At the footer of your website you can find