• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Internal Server Error on sumitting username and password only

HELP !!!!!   Does anyone know why I would get an "Internal Server Error" only when I submit my PHP signup forms - username and password. It runs perfect on my server. All file and folder references configured perfect.  The MySQL server is set up perfectly on Go-daddy side.  This is a bust!!!  I cannot figure this one out. 

3 REPLIES 3
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Internal Server Error on sumitting username and password only

@cyberdoc,

Are you using a Custom PHP Code sign-up form?, or a plugin that provides sign-up...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/troubleshoot-wordpress-plugin-errors-26340

A buggy plugin, theme, or script can cause Internal Server Error!, anyway please check above link...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

My problem: I built my own website. No WordPress. Using the Plesk. Windows based. I wrote my own signup Form using PHP using the PDO format. It worked great on my home server. The problem on the Godaddy side; It would give me a internal server error code of 500 after I clicked the submit button; after writing in my email and password input fields to register.  I looked at the Log file.  The Log file pointed to both the login.php and register.php files.  I was using the PHP 5.4 version on the GoDaddy server.  

[solution]:  I switched over to the PHP 6.4 version using the PHP settings  and it works great.

Solution

[SOLUTION];  I figured it out. I had to switch from PHP 5.4 to PHP 6.4 in the PHP settings in plesk for it to work. 

I built my own website and login and registration form. Using the plesk. Windows based. 

I read the internal server log files. The error code was 500 on the login.php and register.php files.