• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Is it possible to add alt tags to pictures in Website Builder?

Hello is it possible to add alt tags to pictures?

9 REPLIES 9
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Is it possible to add alt tags to pictures in Website Builder?

@PAUL6

I noticed you've yet to get a response.... That is probably due to not providing enough info to help you out.  For future reference, here is a tutorial on How to Create an Effective Help Request on the Forums

What platform are you building your site on? 

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New

Is it possible to add alt tags to pictures i am using godaddys go central website builder ? also still using the same website builder is there anything i can do my self to speed up the website ive already compressed the pictures for faster loading but i wondered if there is any thing else i can do ?? 

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@PAUL6

GoCentral doesn't provide access to alt tags.  Make sure you complete the SEO fields for each page (left sidebar).

There is not much you can do to speed up the site beyond what you have done.  Using GoCentral means you leave all that up to GoDaddy's platform.

If you want more control think about moving to Managed WordPress.  WordPress also allows you to have a great looking website without having to know code while giving you more control over the items you mention.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Looks like alt text has now been added - thank you!  Unfortunately, it only works intermittently; on my site just on one photo.  Not sure why.  I was told it was to do with propagation times, but I don't think this is right as the alt text that does work shows immediately on preview and isn't connected to publishing. In any case the site has been published for more than 24 hours now.

I am looking to add alt tags. Can you help me find where to do this?  I am trying to do this now. TIA! 

Highlighted
    Helper V
    Solution

@PAUL6 Alt img tags are now available for photos on the main pages. (At least it's working for me.) But they are NOT available for you to input yourself on the product images. GoDaddy adds the tags automatically and sets the alt img tags exactly like the title of the product.

Great @Hopeful, thank you so much for your reply and help!

@Hopeful wrote:

@PAUL6 Alt img tags are now available for photos on the main pages. (At least it's working for me.) But they are NOT available for you to input yourself on the product images. GoDaddy adds the tags automatically and sets the alt img tags exactly like the title of the product.

I got excited when I saw this feature was finally added. But to my disappointment the only page options it gives me is my privacy policy page and my cancellations and returns policy page. Who has photos on those pages???

@Fidgeter wrote:

@Hopeful wrote:

I got excited when I saw this feature was finally added. But to my disappointment the only page options it gives me is my privacy policy page and my cancellations and returns policy page. Who has photos on those pages???

@Fidgeter wrote:

@Hopeful wrote:

None of my pages show on the drop down menu.  Tech was confused as to why it wasnt working when he called it up on his end as well.  He put a ticket in, and I heard back...saying that the personal(now named private and price doubled) builder isn't compatible and that I would need to upgrade to businessPlus...not even business, but PLUS to use the tool.

However, I started the chat feature later on and asked if all SEO features were the same across the board for all plans, and they said YES, so go figure.  Just another way for people to upgrade plans that suddenly become obsolete every year!