• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Is there a simple way to create sub-pages with website builder?

I am trying to create sub-pages, for example if you were to hover over "About Me" there will be a few options. The alternative would be endless pages of information and I do not think that would look good.

Is there a simple way to create sub-pages with website builder?

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Sub Pages

@jouellet23   Maybe this will help... GoDaddy has a help page that shows how to create sub-menus.  This way when you hover you get a drop down of what is under About Me...

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My website builder looks very different from what is on the help page. When I try and drag the pages they just reorder.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@jouellet23  I just guessed as you didn't mention which "builder" you were using.  😉 

Maybe try in a different browser and see if you have the same experience?

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Are the options for which builder to use?

I have tried on chrome, edge, and explorer.

Solution

Yes you can do it. Funny thing is, when I called yesterday, 9/18/18, they told me it can't be done, but I KNEW I'd done it before.

This is how you do it.

Within the Web Builder edit screen, Click on the drop down menu with the list of your pages in the upper right hand section of the screen. Add your page. Next, click on your Navigation Bar. The little white dialog box with icons should appear above it. Click on the first icon, the Edit icon. You'll see the Edit menu. It will say: "Drag and drop your pages to arrange them in your menu.You can add submenus up to two levels below your main menu." Go to the page line you just added and click the little indent icon. You will see the line shift to the right. It is now a sub-page of the page above it. You can arrange the pages, change the order of them by clicking on the dot grid to the left of the page name (you should see the cross arrows when you do this) and drag the page under the page you want the subpage to be.

Thank you, I didn't see this last night. Nor did the customer service rep that I spoke to on the phone last night. Man Sad

New

cbsinger - Are you using Go Central? I tried moving my page to go under another and all I was able to do was reorder. Interestingly though, it does say that we can group pages together. No matter what I do though, I cannot change their indentation position.

cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

HI @mstina,

Have you seen this help article? https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-dropdown-menu-for-my-website-27389?

You'll have to create the dropdown menu item first, then you can drag your pages underneath it.

ChristieS

GoCentral PM