• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

Is there a way to add links to Go Central Photo Gallery photos?

I like the large images of the Photo Gallery section in Go Central and need them for my art portfolio, but I'd also like to be able to link some of those photos to another page with more similar pieces of art. Is that possible? 

I see ways to work around by using a Content section, but the images are not large enough or oriented right for my needs.

6 REPLIES 6
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to add links to Go Central Photo Gallery photos?

Hi @tayree,

Great question! There was a previous post added to the Community with some great responses that I think you'll find helpful. Here's the link to the post https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/How-to-add-links-to-your-images/td-p/54079. Come back and let us know how things are going. Take care!

Rachel

New

Thanks, Rachel. I know using Site Content or About is a work around (and I'll do that since there doesn't seem to be a better option), but it would be better to be able to add links to the Photo Gallery images. In the Photo Gallery, the size and shape of the images can vary and be portrait-oriented rather than landscape-oriented. If you're trying to show a portfolio of artwork, as I am, then the Photo Gallery is definitely a better option than Site Content or About, if only I could link some of the images to other pages. Maybe in a future iteration of GoCentral?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey @tayree,

Thanks for the suggestion! The GoCentral team is constantly working on new features to add to the product so stay tuned. Take care and let us know if you need anything else.

Rachel

I am having the same issue. I wish there was a better option for making a more expansive photo gallery. My photos are different vehicles that need a link to a second gallery with more detailed photos of that vehicle. Instead they are all mixed together. A option to make photo albums with a cover photo and caption would solve my issue. Is there a way to do that now?

Have the same issue!

Product Team
    Product Team

Thanks for the feedback - we can explore additional layouts for media + links.   For now the best bet is the workaround suggested. Will keep you updated when we have more options for this.  Thanks, Christine, Product Management team