• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Is there some way to set different shipping prices depending on which item was selected in store?

Since we are allowed to set different options for a product, such as small, medium and large, is there some way to set different shipping prices depending on which was selected in the store? For example, if we sold blankets, a crib or twin would weigh a lot less than a king sized one, so is there a way to let them pick a size and the shipping depends on which size they pick without having to list it five times for crib, twin, full, queen and king?

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Multiple weight and deminsions for one product

@Godslilacres

You would setup setup your products to use a weight based shipping method.  That is how you can then charge the appropriate shipping based on size/weight. 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

I Have a similar question, We carry items that come in different sizes and weights as well. I have an item that could be 6x6, 8x8, 12x12 or 16x16 and are made out of wood. As of now, I see that I can set up different prices for each size by setting up product options, however when I'd like to set up shipping by weight, Im only allowed to set up one weight and box dimension. Our 6x6 items are much lighter and come in a smaller box than the 16x16. 

Is there a way to have different shipping weights and package size options for different options in one listing?

As of now the only way I can see around this is to create 4 separate listings in my store for the same item, and have the different shipping specs in each listing.  I'd like to avoid a cluttered store so Im not offering 3 of 4 options to keep it clean. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

New

I wonder if anyone has had any update on this.

It seems silly under products to create "options" (exact wording - Options - Add options if this product is available in different types like variety of SIZES and colors). 

If from the drop down someone cant select large for the same item, then there has to be a way of associating that drop down chosen with a shipping cost as well. Right now there is no way I can see of doing this.