• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Just transferred domain to GoDaddy, updated DNS, how long before I can get my site updated?

New customer here. Transferred my business domain to GoDaddy and today updated the name servers from my old registrars to GoDaddy's. So far so good. Email is working, and I am finding my way around their cPanel.

Where I am stuck is on getting my main page up and running. My website is Wordpress. After a lengthy discussion when I signed up, I have a regular hosting account here, not a Wordpress-specific hosting plan, as I am used to working through a cPanel to update my Wordpress page.

Having just updated the name servers today, I was surprised when my cPanel here was quickly able to install Wordpress, set me up as Admin, etc. I logged in, no problem. Began installing my theme and configuring the site. About ten minutes in, everything stopped and I got this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I figured the name server switch was still chugging along and maybe being able to get to my page was a small glitch. So I gave it a few hours, went back in, logged in successfully, and as soon as I started working on my theme, it stopped again, same error.

My question is, is this just a typical error for a recent domain host switch? It allows me to see/edit my page for a few minutes, then gives me the above error? With time, will everything settle where it is supposed to be so I can finish my configuration?

There are no help reps online right now, and it seems there are no support tickets (or I haven't found them yet), so I hope asking here is okay. Thanks in advance for any help.

~Tammy

2 REPLIES 2
    New

Re: Just transferred domain to GoDaddy, updated DNS, how long before I can get my site updated?

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

24/7 Support (480) 505-8877

Re: Just transferred domain to GoDaddy, updated DNS, how long before I can get my site updated?

...thanks?

Was nowhere near a phone, online help said it was offline, and there was no Support Ticket option. In my Getting Started info, it said it was okay to post here with questions. Home now, will call if there is still a problem.