• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Linking PDF file to a photo

How do I link a pdf document to my website?  I used to be able to go to Media Gallery, then when that was done downloading I would click USE AS LINK and then it would give me a thing like this:

http://www.spaceheaterparts.com/media/CP650CK%20manual.pdf

Now I cant do that and I need to know how to do this? Realize I am not a wiz at this stuff.

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Linking PDF file to a photo

@iminheat

In GoCentral, go to the page you want to add the download to and click on ADD A SECTION in the right sidebar.

Select the FILES widget and choose which format you want to use and add it to the page.  You can then go to the Files widget and customize and upload the file.

You could also try using the HTML widget if you have the URL to the file that you can customize to look the way you would like as well.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I appreciate the response.  But, I still don't get it.  I am so new to this it ain't funny.

1. I don't know where GoCentral is
    2. HTML I know what it stands for but that's it.

Please dumb this down.

Also, 

We didnt use GoCentral to design our site.  Thats why I am confused as to why I cant link the pdf manual to our website.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@iminheat

You tagged website builder -- so sorry for assuming.  I know how frustrating this must be but If you are on an older version of some sort of builder that limits what you can do,  I can't help you with that .... 😞

Builders usually have widgets, boxes or fields that allow you to upload files and/or add HTML code.

Linking to a PDF is a matter of linking via HTML to where the file is located.  HTML is the code that would create the link to your PDF file.  Something like this and you would modify with your domain and file location/name:

<a href="https://yourwebsite.com/files/pdf-filename.pdf">PDF File Name Here</a> 

If your interface has a file manager, you would upload the file to your hosting. You could also see if you can create a folder called files to makes things easier to find any file you upload yourself and upload it there.

Does that help?

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helper II

This is good advice, to clarify, you will need to make sure the pdf is uploaded to the godaddy server somehow (file manager) and then you should be able to place it as a link and click like Muse mentioned above.