• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Linking Social Media accounts

Hello. I have tried to link a few of my social media accounts to my web site, but the only one that seems to 'stick' is Facebook. I've repeatedly tried the others, but there's no link for it and it keeps disappearing when I go back into the relevant page to activate them.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again @Wild_Ramblings !

I apologize you were not able to utilize the fix provided. Keep in mind that Instagram and other social media sites are third party companies that set their own parameters for how they want their accounts connected through website builders. If you move to another company and build your new site using their website builders, you might come across the same issue because the third party sites set the parameter to follow.

If you are just needing a builder that provides you more control over your site, GoDaddy offers WordPress hosting. Since you are moving to another site and having to rebuild your site using their builder, I would give GoDaddy another opportunity to earn your business. Check out GoDaddy's Promo page for current offers for WordPress Hosting.

Godaddy has also created and partnered with other companies to provide resources for those needing assistance during this unprecedented time. GoDaddy provides resources, webinars, meetings, and other tools that is shared within the #OpenWeStand topic. OpenWeStand.org also has a variety other great resources to utilize.

Again I am sorry about the experience you had and hope you are able to utilize these options. Have a great weekend 😎!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Employee

Hello @Wild_Ramblings and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. Were you able to resolve this issue and do you mind sharing how?

If you were not able to get this issue resolved, I was able to locate a few resource guides to help troubleshoot the issue:

Keep in mind that Instagram requires you to have a business or creator account in order to connect, other social media connections may also require this. If you are connecting to an account and encountering an issue, this may be the reason it is not connecting.

If following these guides was unsuccessful, please reach out to Support for further assistance. Again I apologize for the delayed response and hope these guides have been helpful in your troubleshooting process.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!

Hello @SG4101,

Unfortunately the problem seemed rather technical and it cost me a couple of days. Furthermore, I was alarmed at the 25% price increase in the subscription during the time of a pandemic. So, I went ahead and cancelled, moving to a rival for approximately $AU70 less per year. I gave GoDaddy several chances to give me a realistic price, but they didn't want my business enough.

Thanks,

Graham

Hello again @Wild_Ramblings !

I apologize you were not able to utilize the fix provided. Keep in mind that Instagram and other social media sites are third party companies that set their own parameters for how they want their accounts connected through website builders. If you move to another company and build your new site using their website builders, you might come across the same issue because the third party sites set the parameter to follow.

If you are just needing a builder that provides you more control over your site, GoDaddy offers WordPress hosting. Since you are moving to another site and having to rebuild your site using their builder, I would give GoDaddy another opportunity to earn your business. Check out GoDaddy's Promo page for current offers for WordPress Hosting.

Godaddy has also created and partnered with other companies to provide resources for those needing assistance during this unprecedented time. GoDaddy provides resources, webinars, meetings, and other tools that is shared within the #OpenWeStand topic. OpenWeStand.org also has a variety other great resources to utilize.

Again I am sorry about the experience you had and hope you are able to utilize these options. Have a great weekend 😎!

View solution in original post