• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Looking for some great web builder advice.

Thanks in advance for revisiting a topic that I'm sure has been beaten to death! I am looking to purchase website building design services and would like some feedback. I have spent untold hours reading articles on "which one to pick." I tried Weebly, and it was not bad for a beginner. I need something to promote a series of kid's books, and I will be posting excerpts from time to time. I would like a link where visitors who like the site can be sent a discount to ultimately purchase the books (probably Amazon), and I need a visitor counter, etc. Any suggestions? My cousin uses Wix for her blog Nomadic Mango Society, and I really like how it looks. I was wondering about just using Go Daddy services and keeping the whole thing together. What do you think? Any service I should absolutely stay away from? I could sell the books on the site too, just because I don't want the potential buyer to lose interest once he reaches Amazon and gets distracted by everything else there. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User III

The website builder platform here is simplified for beginners and those who don't have much time to mess with a website.  So it is quick and easy, but not that customizable.  You basically pick a few options for the type of site you're making and add your content then the software takes care of the rest.

Some people love the Website Builder and some people hate it.  I usually recommend to give the free trial a go and test out if it'll work for your needs or not.

GoDaddy also offers WordPress hosting which is an open-source platform that's more flexible and customizable, but with that it takes more time and effort.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III

The website builder platform here is simplified for beginners and those who don't have much time to mess with a website.  So it is quick and easy, but not that customizable.  You basically pick a few options for the type of site you're making and add your content then the software takes care of the rest.

Some people love the Website Builder and some people hate it.  I usually recommend to give the free trial a go and test out if it'll work for your needs or not.

GoDaddy also offers WordPress hosting which is an open-source platform that's more flexible and customizable, but with that it takes more time and effort.

View solution in original post

Thank you. My only hesitation about a free trial service is putting everything into the website and then having to change to something else if it doesn't work out. But I guess that's the only way to learn. 

Yes, I'll say check all of the features that are important to you before organizing your content.  Like I said before some people love it and some people hate it but the best way to figure out which category you fit into is a little hands on experience.  Everything is point and click, and they give you a free temporary domain so you can see what it looks like before switching over your actual domain.