cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Lost entire site!

I tried to view my site, it said the account had been suspended! When I attempted to login through cPanel, it started me down the path to "create" my cPanel account for the site. Everything is just gone. I suspect a mixup with an unrelated domain having expired last week, however it was two different signons, I've no backup as it was only a month old. Help, please! 

10 REPLIES 10
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: Lost entire site!

Hello @bskolb!

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that's happening. That does sound like a distressing situation. Though, it is one that the community is not likely to be able to help with. Please reach out to our support team as soon as you can to have them help you resolve this. Thank you!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

Thanks for the condolences.  I'm was told the cost for a restore is $150.

I'm crushed as there's no way I deleted all my databases, email accounts, wordpress themes & addons and the cPanel login credentials... by accident.

Hey @bskolb,

You mentioned earlier that the previous site was "suspended". If it's still suspended, then the hosting plan is still active and shouldn't require a restore to a new account to recover it. I recommend reaching out to our live support once more so you can further address the reason for the suspension status with our hosting team and what is needed to restore the site from this status.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

My account is suspended too.

I do not like that the only option is to call your helpline. No other type of customer support. And looks like it is not toll-free.

New

Hmm. Looks like i found why it is suspended.

How it can be that on godady page is two different expired dates?

When I logged from gmail letter I landed on godaddy page where date was 29th. So, I was wondering why site is suspended. After digging i saw in another page date 9th.

How to recover your files when your godaddy hosting expired then your renew it.

My Account expired , then when i renew it, all my files is gone, ho to retrieve  them?

New

I have same problem, but I did reach out to the support team.   I updated the site less than 30 days ago.   I got a message from the managed service that they had no files to restore.    Anyone else getting this response from Godaddy? 

Older Website

How do I access and edit my older website created years ago with GoDaddy? I do not wish to use the new Web Builder.

New

Lost my articles

I contributed a number of articles to bizarrebritain.com  I see now that it has been taken over by Go-Daddy. Can I access my articles as I would like them back to use myself if possible?

This just happened to us on a new site last night, just days old.  We made some changes, created a new admin, changed the admin password and are being told that shortly after we went in and ran the deleteme script from installatron.  No way did we do that unless it defaults on the screen.  Would there be a default on the screen that says in effect delete everything? No way. As a first time godaddy customer I learned the hard way that overbuying to a premium account does not include backups.  Sigh.