• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

MORE HTTP ERROR 503

A quick search in the support forums reveals this is a common error among your users. It can't all be 'bad themes' and 'bad plugins.' And I don't believe telling your clients they're on their own and to hire developers is a long term solution for GoDaddy.

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Retired
    Not applicable

Re: MORE HTTP ERROR 503

@joeydav wrote:

A quick search in the support forums reveals this is a common error among your users. It can't all be 'bad themes' and 'bad plugins.' And I don't believe telling your clients they're on their own and to hire developers is a long term solution for GoDaddy.

Hello @joeydav,

Often this error comes about because there is an overload of your server.... I  think what support were hinting at was that you may have a poorly designed website and that a developer could be the best way to give it a 'makeover' and assimilate the issues here. Support are not coders, and can't fix your code for you......(how many times I was told that many years ago... so I taught myself to code, never looked back Smiley Very Happy )

Asking a Godaddy Pro to help is a happy middle of the road solution to finding a developer. 

Highlighted

I understand your point. But most people (myself included) use premium themes. With this one, NO ONE ELSE in their support forums are having an issue and the developer has never gotten a support request regarding resources.

Couple this with the fact this is the SECOND theme that's had this issue on Godaddy and several others are reporting the same issue would lead one to believe the problems may be with Godaddy's server configuration. Appears to be 35 open threads on the topic in your forum.

Here is a prime example:  https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-WordPress/503-Errors-Godaddy-Managed-Wordpress-Hosting-fo...

The user here seems to have narrowed the issue down to some of your servers.

Highlighted

I'm a frustrated customer with this issue too.

I had a blog on the free Wordpress.com site for 3 years, and I recently moved it to a deluxe WP Managed service under Godaddy. I have repeatedly and randomly run into this 503 error for the last 3 - 4 weeks. When I'm not getting 503 errors, I have slow page loading issues. 

I'm ready to leave GoDaddy.