• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Make it easier to find and use website building info. Too difficult for Non Tech people.

Go Daddy 1hr website building do it yourself program is joke. Too difficult for a Non Tech person. I am now told by the chat person that the reason I could Not copy text into my website was because it won't allow me to. 

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Make it easier to find and use website building info. Too difficult for Non Tech people.

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
    Solution

Re: Make it easier to find and use website building info. Too difficult for Non Tech people.

Hi @Bigphill,

Welcome to the Community!

The website builder was designed for people that did not want to code a website and use something fast and easy to create. We have a bunch of articles available to help you with many actions within the website builder. You can start with the help catalog here

For specifics on styling the text on your website, please see this article. You can paste text into the sections at any time. However, it will help to clear it of formatting first. You can do this by removing that formatting within the Word document or pasting, then copying it from your system's Notepad.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi,

as a pensioner I was trying to build it myself as I do not have loads of money. The staff at Godaddy need to back up their promises when they make an offer to help and not just dump a customer cold. The alternative of course is NOT to make promises and get ppl's hopes up. I am very reticent to try again and waste more hours and become even more frustrated. 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Bigphill. Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully the replies above helped you get some clarity on the technical portion of your post. However, I was hoping you could clarify what you meant by promises that weren't kept. We do try to make sure our products are marketed and explained correctly and I'd be happy to take your feedback to the right people if you can help me understand what didn't work out they way you thought it would. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Bigphill As it seems this is at least somewhat related to copying and pasting from a Word document, I wanted to demonstrate that this is definitely possible. Please see the animated gif below. 

copy paste word GC.gif

While it is possible to copy and paste, not all of the formatting will come over due to how the editor works. The article that @TLH linked to should help you do any possible formatting. I hope that helps some. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.