• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Making pages require login for residents

I am creating a website for a Homeowner's Association. I would like to make my announcements page and my records page require a login for residents and I am not sure how to do that.

I am using the GoDaddy GoCentral Website Builder trial currently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Employee

Hi All!

Thanks for letting us know this was an important feature for all of your beautiful sites! I just wanted to let you know that GoCentral Site Builder does now offer members-only page functionality, and we have lots of other cool membership-related features on the way. 

Pages can be "Members-Only" and you can manage a list of members, so only people on that list will be able to login and view the members-only pages on your site. If you want to try that out, you can go to the page settings of a specific page to toggle that on, or you'll now see the option available when you create a new page. That setting looks like this:

Members-Only Toggle Gif.gif

View solution in original post

Hi Markhartung! I just wanted to let you know that password login is now available (and is the default) for new websites with members-only pages in the US.  If you're in the US, and create a new site, or add your first members-only pages to an existing site, you'll see that as the login method sitewide.  If you already have members-only pages that are using the "magic link" login method, those will not be changed, but there will be an option soon to switch over to the password login method if you prefer it.

59 REPLIES 59

Hi @ChelseaPlace, thanks for posting.

GoCentral Website Builder does not support user accounts or logins. There isn't a great alternative way to set this up in GoCentral, but perhaps a Community member will have a suggestion. ^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

@GaryA wrote:

Hi @ChelseaPlace, thanks for posting.

GoCentral Website Builder does not support user accounts or logins. There isn't a great alternative way to set this up in GoCentral, but perhaps a Community member will have a suggestion. ^Gary

Hello,

This reply is not true or at least no longer true. You can choose to make a page PRIVATE. After you do that only people that have been invited with an email can create a password for themselves and access that page using that account (logging in).

New

I have a GoCentral website and would like a login page - any luck or tips?

I need to add a page where members of an HOA can login or use a password to access specific files.  I can use just one login and password.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

@dgil80

Password protected pages are not a feature offered on the GoCentral platform.  Yet, anyways.  I know lots of folks have inquired about that and I know they are constantly updating and adding new features and functionality.  So maybe that is something in the future?

With most page builder platforms you are limited to the features and widgets built into the platform.  In the case of GoCentral the "Add a Section" list of options is all that is available for each page.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

Not sure if you have figured this out yet, but I found out by creating a page and designating for members only

Yes. Make the page in question PRIVATE. You can then send an email to the "members" and they can then connect, create a password and login to that private page.

Hope that helps.

/Ace

Employee

Hi All!

Thanks for letting us know this was an important feature for all of your beautiful sites! I just wanted to let you know that GoCentral Site Builder does now offer members-only page functionality, and we have lots of other cool membership-related features on the way. 

Pages can be "Members-Only" and you can manage a list of members, so only people on that list will be able to login and view the members-only pages on your site. If you want to try that out, you can go to the page settings of a specific page to toggle that on, or you'll now see the option available when you create a new page. That setting looks like this:

Members-Only Toggle Gif.gif

For my page, i'm not seeing the 'Member Only' option.

Neither in an existing or new page.

Where is this feature you speak of @EricJ. Would definitely solve for some of these WIX migrations which i won't have to consider if this feature is available.

Please clarify.....

Existing Page:                            New Page:

downloadpic.PNGdownloadpic1.PNG

I see the same issue.   Will go to Wix if they can't fix this feature.  

I see it; I have GoDaddy Business Central. Not sure how well it will work; it says "Members are emailed a link and can access these pages as long as they're logged in. Add members as soon as you publish a members-only page." Will see how this works!

So...it "works" in that it tells you you need a link to access the page, and prompts you for your email address so you can receive the link.  However, the email never arrives.

I am having the same issue. Users type in their email address to get access link and they do not receive a email. Started having a issue for a few users and now no user gets any links.

I am having the same issue.

I set the members feature and entered some emails to login.

I never received the login emails from GoDaddy

Is there a solution?

Same issue I am having. I just built my business website and put in multiple email addresses, yet I do not see in my dashboard anything having to do with member requests. I have to manually add an email address in order for that email to receive a link. 

So does this mean I have to ask all my customers to give me their email addresses in any other way except for through the website?

Must still be in development I guess. 

@Dawne60,

Sorry for the delay here. I was not notified of your response, and had to dig into my settings to figure out why.

If you're still having trouble with this, I just wanted to follow up and see how I can help.  This feature should function effectively, but it is still in beta testing, and we know there is functionality that will improve it a lot, which we're trying to add as quickly as we can.  Here are a few things that might be the reason why emails are not being sent or received.

1. Email addresses entered into the login form on your site will not receive a link unless you've added them to your member list. If you need to add or edit your member list, here's how that works:  https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-or-delete-website-members-27857

2. Email addresses imported to your member list will not receive an email notification at the time of import unless you select the checkbox to notify your new members (See Step 7 Here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-multiple-website-members-27851).  In this case, added members should, however, still be able to request a link on your site whenever they want to.  

3. It's possible your inbox is placing these emails into a separate folder because of a setting or filter you have in place. Gmail for instance, may mark the message as an "update."  In rare cases, your inbox may also mark the message as "junk" or "spam." If you find a message in one of those areas, the inbox should let you mark that message as "not spam" or move it back to your main inbox, and that should prevent future mistakes.

In case it's helpful, I'll also be happy to let you know what functionality we're working on at this time. Very soon, we will have a notification feature, so that you can manually send (or re-send) a login link to any of your members anytime you want.

In the future, we're adding functionality to let your site visitors "create an account" (and you will be able to choose if that requires your approval or not).  At this time, only you can create member accounts for your members by adding them to that member list, but we're eager to improve that process.

We're also going to allow members to create a password, so they can login with that (instead of using this special link).  

Thanks!
    Eric

@hurllz@6Clover@InteriorArt@TAC-6: So sorry for the delay here.  It was unintentional, and I believe I've resolved that, so I won't miss replies moving forward. Please see my reply to @Dawne60 above, and let me know if you have further questions, or if there's anything else I can do to help.  This feature is still in early development, and we are very welcome to any and all feedback about how we can build it to best meet your needs.

Thanks!
    Eric

Thanks so much, @EricJ!  Thanks for the direct link to the "add/edit new members" article; I had actually used this before and forgotten about it.  I had, however, checked the "notify" button (#2 below).  It seemed that I had to add people a couple of times to get it to "take",  but it's possible that it went to their junk/spam/"clutter" folders, who knows.  The new features sound great, particularly the "create an account" and "password".  But really, all of the features you describe below are welcome enhancements.  Thanks so much again for getting back to me. - Dawne

When will the more robust password option be available?

Hi Markhartung! I just wanted to let you know that password login is now available (and is the default) for new websites with members-only pages in the US.  If you're in the US, and create a new site, or add your first members-only pages to an existing site, you'll see that as the login method sitewide.  If you already have members-only pages that are using the "magic link" login method, those will not be changed, but there will be an option soon to switch over to the password login method if you prefer it.