• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Managing Archives

Is there a way to delete or secure access to what is stored in the shopping cart website archives but still allow access to daily purchases? 

4 REPLIES 4
    Advocate VII

Hi @firepot,

What shopping cart are you using?  Most carts today have a parameter(s) that sets how long information is stored.  If you start deleting records directly from your database, be sure to maintain "referential integrity" in the db to keep it working.  You don't want to delete data in one part of your db that is used to create/populate/calculate other cart functions.

Are you wanting to start over with your cart with regard to db contents (that is where all of the information should be stored)?

Here are some basics to secure your installation:

Use SSL hosting

Make your FTP access ssh (secure - GoDaddy's managed wordpress provides this)

Only use forms processors/plug-ins/addons, etc from well known, credentialed providers. 

As far as securing an archive, if you are going to download it to your computer you might want to put it on a thumb/flash drive.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Using the Go Daddy Quick Shopping Cart.

I am just wanting to get rid of the stored data.  We print and ship.  Our shipping room doesn't have computer access so they keep paper copy anyway so I just want to be able to delete what is stored when I am done with it. 

I couldn't find any sittings that limit the time the information was stored. 

Advocate VII

Hi @firepot,

Here is a link to a really good article.  Its based off of WooCommerce security but the basic concepts apply to all shopping carts.

https://www.woothemes.com/2016/02/woocommerce-security-first-steps/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

James,  Appreciate the ideas.  I did a chat w/ someone with Go Daddy last night and was told I couldn't do what I was wanting, simply delete archives and invoices when I was done with them on the site.  I have to close/delete the site which is not where I was headed with this.  Although one thing I have learned from repeated contacts w/ Go daddy is just because 1 person tells me something can/can't be done doesn't mean that the next person can't help me the opposite of what the first said.

It seems pretty easy to me, since you can't delete an invoice in the cart you have to archive it to get it off your invoice screen so you send it to the archive file.  There should be a way to clear or delete that file.  The more I use GD the more I want to find another hosting site.