cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Migrating Website Builder Website To Another GoDaddy Account

Just in the throes of selling my business, part of the deal involves handing over the business website that I created using GoDaddy's Website+Marketing/Website Builder.

Migrating domain registrations is straight forward, but GD support say's that the website will have to be recreated by new owner, anyone got any suggestions on a shortcut, or way of avoiding this? https://port-testntag.co.nz/

Any help, suggestions will be appreciated, thanks

Tagger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Migrating Website Builder Website To Another GoDaddy Account

Hi @Tagger,

Welcome to the Community!

If the domain and website you have sold are the only items in your account, you may want to consider updating the profile information to the new buyer. Then you can provide them a new password and turn the account over to them. They would then manage the account, renewals, etc.

If you have domains of your own, you can prepare for the transition, by moving them (without charge) to a new, separate account. Please contact our support team if you need help taking these steps. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Seems like support told you right @Tagger, in another post Can i duplicate a Godaddy website builder using another domain? @Zulfiqar mentions this limitation. The good news is your website should be ready to duplicate using Builder or migrate? Perhaps if you are completely moving everything from your GoDaddy account to another combining the accounts might be a prudent option? Merging only works if everything is moving. Check out Merge GoDaddy accounts. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted
    New

Hi Roy

Thanks for your reply, it looks like the only option to try, with a backup plan of copying all pages and recreate using WordPress.

Thanks Steve

aka Tagger

Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Just so that you know the are migration guidelines on How to Move GoDaddy Website Builder Site to WordPress it there.

Congratulations on selling your business. Come back and let us know your process. There are a lot of people looking to move to WordPress from Builder for all types of reasons.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted
    Solution

Hi @Tagger,

Welcome to the Community!

If the domain and website you have sold are the only items in your account, you may want to consider updating the profile information to the new buyer. Then you can provide them a new password and turn the account over to them. They would then manage the account, renewals, etc.

If you have domains of your own, you can prepare for the transition, by moving them (without charge) to a new, separate account. Please contact our support team if you need help taking these steps. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post