• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Moodle - MySQL Barracuda format is not available.

Hello all,

I have tried installing Moodle 3.5 and i receive this error:

Installing: Error: MySQL Barracuda format is not available. Ask your server administrator to upgrade MySQL and try again.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Moodle - MySQL Barracuda format is not available.

@cyberfpro wrote:

Hello all,

I have tried installing Moodle 3.5 and i receive this error:

Installing: Error: MySQL Barracuda format is not available. Ask your server administrator to upgrade MySQL and try again.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

I am getting the same error:   MySQL Barracuda format is not available. someone, please resolve

New

Even I got same error (Upgrading: Error: MySQL Barracuda format is not available. Ask your server administrator to upgrade MySQL and try again.) and when contacted on chat help they say as its on shared hosting its not possible to upgrade its wierd.

Same response I got. This is unacceptable I think. In fact is a reason to migrate my hosting to another provider.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @cyberfpro@jholder70@rao. Sorry you're having trouble. It seems that this version of Moodle won't work on our cPanel accounts. The Barracuda format is not available at this time. According to our developers, it's not likely that this will be added in the near future. We may end up rolling back the available Moodle version though so there is no confusion on what can and can't be installed. If you do need to install the most recent of Moodle for your site, you would need to consider a different platform, like a VPS or find a host that does provide this. We'd hate to see you go, but that is where things stand as of today. Man Embarassed

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Can you please roll back Moodle immediately?  School is starting and I just purchased hosting for this only to have this issue come up..... 

@MissFitz,

I just got off the phone with tech support at GoDaddy. They have advised me that other applications may be impacted by the mySQL version other than Moodle. Since Installatron only provides for version 3.5, I have been advised to go directly to moodle.com and download and uploading an older version of Moodle to your domain. You can talk to tech support about this. They are very helpful.

Good luck!

Janice Webb

janice.webb@itinkerinc.com

why dont you  remove the moodle option from installatron. We wasted our premium time taking efforts to get it installed and hired many freelancers and wasted our money, now atlast we got to know its not possible.

Whats the use of having godaddy servers. 

Hello JesseW

Any update to your statement below?

Can Moodle 3.5 be used on GoDaddy?

Regard

Steve

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @snorky2. It looks like we rolled back the version of Moodle that's available via Installatron. I was able to successfully install Moodle 3.4.5. The 3.5 version (while listed on the Moodle information page) is not available to install any longer. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.