• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

More ways to monetize! Also, Google AdSense for every page!

I am so frustrated lately with the website builder and I would like to make a point to the developers.
    I understand that the website builder was intended for simplicity for people who do not understand coding, but it is extremely limited in what we can do.
    For example, I would like to use other website advertising platforms other than Google AdSense. To do this I must be able to add their script in the header but there is no option for this. I do have Google AdSense but it only shows ads on my homepage! All pages should have this ability because right now I am missing out on opportunities to gain more revenue.
    Everytime I talk to someone about this I get refered to WordPress, it feels like a game trying to upsell your WordPress stuff. I get it, but I don't want WordPress.
    It would also be nice to have commenting abilities on the blogs.
    7 REPLIES 7
    Super User II
    Super User II

Re: More ways to monetize! Also, Google AdSense for every page!

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
    Solution

Looks like they took care of my problem in a way. I have ads all throughout my website now.
    Now if only I could use other monetizing products other than Google adsense

I also do not have word press and discus and am intimidated about coding.and even more worried about pouring a lot more money into an idea I'm not sure will take off yet. I to am not getting any comments from the 110 visitors I've had in two days. I've tried going to my own website from a different computer and was able to leave a comment. so the question is can other people leave comments or not? and does the number of visitors and the no comments mean I should spend the money and go with getting word press and Disgus? I'm new to blogging and not sure if that's a high or really low turn out. need advice. Also if I get both platforms what do I need go daddy for? No offense. just worried about cost and the time. Plus I see you can only use one ad source on GoDaddy.

@KyleRBolen, could you please provide some insights into how you were able to get AdSense on EVERY one of your pages?  That's an issue I'm trying to deal with right now.  I understand basic HTML coding.

Highlighted
    Helper I
    Solution

You add an HTML code bar to whatever section you want on every page. 

You can set it up top or anywhere. 

Please be aware you have to create more [AD SOURCE CODES] in order to do this which produces a unique code for every land/hit/ad. 

You can copy the source code soon as you create the AD source to advertise on your website and then paste it on HTML. 

They give you an option of two source codes make sure you use the right Java Script which matches up to your site. You can try them both and publish and preview then change it within that same hour to update your website. 

Thanks @RyFyZone for the response.  The issue is, with the builder, when you add an HTML section to enter code, it puts it in the "body" section.  Google AdSense says the code has to go in the "header" section.  There is no way to access the "header" section through the builder.  And yes, I'm aware WordPress is 1 solution.  But that involves starting over from scratch with a blank slate.  GoDaddy makes it super easy to have AdSense on your home/main page with the builder.  A lot of people would like them to extend that to ALL of the pages you create.

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@champstar9669 @KyleRBolen @RyFyZone @UniteAmerica 

I absolutely understand your frustrations with GoCentral / Website Builder. As it has always been stated, however, it's meant to be a simple interface to manipulate. It should also be noted, with exclamation, that it is a product always in development. I know this from experience as I got to play with it before it was released to the public. It's come a long way.

And it will go a lot farther.

It's not easy to develop and release a product like this and the GoDaddy team is developing this from scratch. They're building something entirely their own so you don't get the same cookie cutter experience you get everywhere else. Patience is key when you're an early developer of something like this. 

Yup, there's bugs. Yup, they're developing new things. I know it sucks not to get instant gratification but that's how it works, to be honest. I wish I could add a forum on GoCentral, for example, to increase audience engagement. I'd also like a something like a wiki/FAQ/Help page function of some sort. 

I guess I'm saying is that good things come to those that stick around.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community