• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

My permalink was changed by godaddy

How can I change it back? GoDaddy updated my site, changed my permalink and now my top optimized page has 404 error. No help from support at all. I switched from managed WordPress but I deeply regret it now.
    5 REPLIES 5
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: My permalink was changed by godaddy

@Nicolemaem

Permalinks are changed here:  Settings > Permalinks.

You can restore your previous setup/custom structure there.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

Gocentral cannot change permalinks.
    Super User I

@Nicolemaem

Sorry about that -- heard "permalinks" and thought WordPress.

In that case you'll need to get on the phone/chat with GoDaddy to find out what happened and to get what you had in place restored.  

Judith

I just deleted the page and when I created it again, my old Url was back. GoDaddy was absolutely not remorseful for changing my URL without my knowledge. I will be slowly pulling all of my domain and information out. There Gocentral platform is not meant to withstand high traffic, highly optimized websites.
    Super User I

@Nicolemaem

That seems like a bug they need to look into for sure!  

And you are correct, GoCentral is not meant for robust feature rich websites.   Website builders are great for beginners thanks to their user-friendly interfaces. Most feature page templates and drag-and-drop editors that make it simple for anyone to set up a website.  While builders are not as flexible after you build a basic website, it is a great solution for quickly churning out a simple, aesthetic website.

Although website builders are user-friendly and cheap, they come with their limitations. For one, without access to your website’s code, customization options are limited.

GoCentral is a great starter app to get your feet wet knowing that as your site traffic and needs grow you will most likely have to move to another platform that better fits your specific requirements. Smiley Wink

Judith