• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Need help installing Semantic MediaWiki

Hi folks, I'm trying to install Semantic MediaWiki (SMW). SMW is a plugin for MediaWiki.

I've successfully installed MediaWiki v1.30 using the "Instalatron" service. Everything works fine at this point, I can add, edit and delete pages in my Wiki before trying to install SMW.

Using the SMW instructions here: https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Installation/Using_Composer_with_MediaWiki_1.25%2B, I've installed composer and then run the "php composer.phar require mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki "~2.5" --update-no-dev" statement. This seems to work ok though it does give a warning at the end: "Package mediawiki/at-ease is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use wikimedia/at-ease instead."

I've ignored that warning and then run the "php maintenance/update.php" statement. This statement finishes quickly and only returns "#!/usr/bin/env php" as output. It also gives a couple of error messages in the error.log file:

[27-Aug-2018 00:06:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function MediaWiki\suppressWarnings() in /home/budloveall/public_html/sandbox/maintenance/Maintenance.php on line 1119
    [27-Aug-2018 00:08:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Wikimedia\Assert\Assert' not found in /home/budloveall/public_html/sandbox/includes/services/ServiceContainer.php on line 213

I'd appreciate any help here.

Thanks,
    Bud Loveall