• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Need more Donation Button options

Godaddy needs to add other donation platforms besides paypal. We have wasted our time creating a website on your site to find out that in our for donors to donate via you paypal button they must have a paypal account. This is not good for a nonprofit organization because donors do not want to create a paypal account. Other options should be given. Paypal claims that this is a godaddy problem not a paypal issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Need more Donation Button options

Hi @dkosiek. I can understand that you want additional options. At this time, Websites + Marketing doesn't have a built-in system to allow for recurring payments. If you need something like this and don't want to require your doners to log into PayPal, you may need to consider building your site with something like WordPress instead. I believe Woocommerce has this feature. 

Also, keep in mind that any time you want to have the ability to take donations by a credit card, you'll have to have a way of addressing the credit card processing fee. I've looked into this myself for an organization I'm part of and have yet to find a provider that will process credit cards without additional fees. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

@handsofhope1124 

What is your domain - I know PayPal typically does not require an account but often times this is missed - I personally advise clients to use Stripe over PayPal which the website builder does support - Most people today have a paypal account as they "signed up" for one in the past without knowing they could bypass it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Hello, I have contacted godaddy and they keep telling me that the only
    platform I can use is paypal. They offer square, paypal and stripe.

I have had some donors try to donate to our organization but they tell us
    that when doing so with a credit or debit card they are being processed as
    guest and they are requiring a paypal account. They do not want to have a
    paypal account so this has become a problem. I have contact paypal which
    told me that they checked out my account and the problem is not with them
    but with godaddy. I contacted godaddy and spoke to one of their people who
    told me that they must have a paypal account in order to donate supposedly
    that is godaddy's policy. Also the only button I see on godaddy is donation
    is for paypal.

How would I add a stripe button for this?

Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

@handsofhope1124 

What is your domain that I can see this - and can you send me a screen capture of where you buttons are setup

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @handsofhope1124. Thanks for posting. I'd be happy to pass on specific donation platforms to our product team if you have any in mind. 

As for the issue you described, a PayPal account would only be required if:

• The visitor wants to set up recurring payments
    • The visitor chooses the option to save information for next time. 

In both cases, a PayPal account would be required since they're asking PayPal to perform additional tasks for them. I was able to fully complete a credit card donation on a test site without creating a PayPal account using the "donate" button we supply in our W+M builder. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

This is still an issue. We want donors to set up recurring payments since we are a non-profit. This then requires that they set up a PayPal account- which we are back to square one. Not everyone wants or has a PayPal account. It is very difficult to have one platform when I need to use Donorbox and they charge an additional 1.5% on top of Stripes % for each donation.

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @dkosiek. I can understand that you want additional options. At this time, Websites + Marketing doesn't have a built-in system to allow for recurring payments. If you need something like this and don't want to require your doners to log into PayPal, you may need to consider building your site with something like WordPress instead. I believe Woocommerce has this feature. 

Also, keep in mind that any time you want to have the ability to take donations by a credit card, you'll have to have a way of addressing the credit card processing fee. I've looked into this myself for an organization I'm part of and have yet to find a provider that will process credit cards without additional fees. 

View solution in original post