• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Need some advice on Go Daddy

Hi, I am building a new website that combines my services and offerings.  I have used a template web building company in the past and am thinking to switching to Go Daddy but need some questions answered.

1. Can I sell directly from my site by linking book image to Amazon?

2. I am a writer can I add a blog?

3. Can I sell digital products people can download right away after paying?

4. Can I link directly to my teachable site to make school sales there?

5. Am I notified when there is a sale?

6. I offer sessions and online books and a service different products can this work from the business or the business plus websites?  

Not  ready for the ecommerce site yet. Want to grow into it. 

6. So can I start with the business and move into the business plus?  Little confusing because I also see standard, premium and ecommerce.

7. Did GoDaddy change package names?

Your input would be great.

Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, I am building a new website that combines my services and offerings.  I have used a template web building company in the past and am thinking to switching to Go Daddy but need some questions answered.

2. I am a writer can I add a blog?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpQbVaU_EE

3. Can I sell digital products people can download right away after paying? https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-digital-products-32130

4. Can I link directly to my teachable site to make school sales there? explain more/?

5. Am I notified when there is a sale? sms or email. even an app 

6. I offer sessions and online books and a service different products can this work from the business or the business plus websites?  if you want to use paypal on the b+ or business sure- only limited to 6 items i believe

Not  ready for the ecommerce site yet. Want to grow into it. work small then get big, have to start with the house then the furniture goes in next 😉 

6. So can I start with the business and move into the business plus?  Little confusing because I also see standard, premium and ecommerce. YEP

7. Did GoDaddy change package names? Websites + Marketing,  

WEBSITES + MARKETING

Thanks

View solution in original post

Hi @COATIplus,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @Learn2love provided lots of great answers. We wanted to clarify a few of the answers. 

The ability to link to Amazon to sell in both places is only available at the ECommerce Online Store tier of the website builder. You may view all the available features of the store here. While the Amazon partnering can't be done on the lower plans of Websites+Marketing (W+M), you are always able to upgrade tiers as you're ready. And while you can link to another third-party website to promote your books, any sale there will be dependent on that provider and their capabilities and payment processing options. Only retailers listed in the W+M features will be tracked and noted within the GoDaddy program.

Every Websites+Marketing plan except "Basic" lets you add up to six PayPal buttons to your website. Use each button to sell a single product, or enable customers to donate to a cause you choose.

For plans, pricing and features included in each tier, use this link.

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder/plans-and-pricing

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi @COATIplus,

Yes, with any of the website builder plans, you can create a button or a text link to direct to another URL - Amazon, if needed. You would need to track those sales independent of the website builder program if not using an ECommerce plan. You can create those text links and button links using the instructions here.

6 REPLIES 6

2. I am a writer can I add a blog?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpQbVaU_EE

3. Can I sell digital products people can download right away after paying? https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-digital-products-32130

4. Can I link directly to my teachable site to make school sales there? explain more/?

5. Am I notified when there is a sale? sms or email. even an app 

6. I offer sessions and online books and a service different products can this work from the business or the business plus websites?  if you want to use paypal on the b+ or business sure- only limited to 6 items i believe

Not  ready for the ecommerce site yet. Want to grow into it. work small then get big, have to start with the house then the furniture goes in next 😉 

6. So can I start with the business and move into the business plus?  Little confusing because I also see standard, premium and ecommerce. YEP

7. Did GoDaddy change package names? Websites + Marketing,  

WEBSITES + MARKETING

Thanks

Thank you for your input.  Not ready for the cost of Business Plus but one day plan to grow into it.

Hi @COATIplus,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @Learn2love provided lots of great answers. We wanted to clarify a few of the answers. 

The ability to link to Amazon to sell in both places is only available at the ECommerce Online Store tier of the website builder. You may view all the available features of the store here. While the Amazon partnering can't be done on the lower plans of Websites+Marketing (W+M), you are always able to upgrade tiers as you're ready. And while you can link to another third-party website to promote your books, any sale there will be dependent on that provider and their capabilities and payment processing options. Only retailers listed in the W+M features will be tracked and noted within the GoDaddy program.

Every Websites+Marketing plan except "Basic" lets you add up to six PayPal buttons to your website. Use each button to sell a single product, or enable customers to donate to a cause you choose.

For plans, pricing and features included in each tier, use this link.

https://www.godaddy.com/websites/website-builder/plans-and-pricing

I need a website that I can link to my Amazon page to sell my books.  Seeing I am just starting out, I do not want to pay for an ecommerce site.  You allow people to see other things that are not at the ecommerce site level, why not a link to my amazon page?  They can buy on Amazon, I just need to get them there.

Hi @COATIplus,

Yes, with any of the website builder plans, you can create a button or a text link to direct to another URL - Amazon, if needed. You would need to track those sales independent of the website builder program if not using an ECommerce plan. You can create those text links and button links using the instructions here.

Thanks for the clarification.  Not ready for the cost of the Ecommerce store yet.  Will grow into it.