• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

No confirmation email

Hello

When a person signs up for newsletter using Subscribe gadget, instead of a custom message, a subscriber is seeing the following:

Custom message created via editor

and then below this in a grey color

"Almost done: to confirm your subscription, please click the link in the confirmation email we just sent you."

A few issues with it:

1. No confirmation email actually comes

2. It defeats the purpose of custom message if there is basically already message that will populate no matter what

So here is my question, is there a way to actually send those notifications or either a way to erase this message?

"Almost done: to confirm your subscription, please click the link in the confirmation email we just sent you."

or am I missing something?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted

Re: No confirmation email

Hi @usertobe123, thanks for posting.

The custom message that is displayed will be what was entered in the "Thank You Message" section of the Subscribe widget. If you aren't seeing what you have entered there, you might need to re-publish your site.

I wasn't able to duplicate any issues with receiving the confirmation message. I just tested it using my site. If an email address is entered that has already been confirmed, a second message won't be sent.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Highlighted

Re: No confirmation email

I am having the same issues, and the reply below does not help.  Did you ever figure this out?