• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Not working fourth level domain, support says that everything is great

Hello! It is already 48 hours passed, and I still cannot access my hosted domain through registered fourth level domain. Yesterday both DNS and hosting support said that everything is all right, but it is not! Is GoDaddy even capable of creating A records for blog.lilhelper.ca (I am trying to create a openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca for it for three days)?

My talks with support team:
    Michelle: Thank you for chatting with us! How may I help you today?
    Me: Hello! I have web-site on domain blog.lilhelper.ca. I've created hosted domain openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca that point to a folder in my FTP folder tree. Also on the page with DNS I see that there is a A type record "openvbx" that points to 97.74.158.1 (IP of my server). Am I doing everything right and why there is no update in DNS for 20 hours already (I'am using your nameserver, so changes in DNS I should see almost immediately).
    Michelle: Let me assist you with that. What is your PIN?
    Me: Sure, ****
    Michelle: Thank you. Let me further check on this and while I do, I'll make an account review as well to make sure that there are no red flags. Do you have any other PIN?
    Me: Thanks! I've just asked the DNS support team, they that everything is fine. No, my Customer Info tab shows only **** PIN
    Michelle: Thank you. Just a moment.
    You have all the correct DNS Settings Nader but propagation takes up to 48 hours so kindly wait for it.
    By the way, do you have a security to protect your site from malware injections and hackers?
    Me: But if I set your DNS servers as one of primary two DNS servers on my machine and flush the DNS cache, changes should be applied instantly? No, I am just trying to keep my CMS up to date.
    I've put a record with openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca and corresponding IP address to my Windows hosts file and it worked, so I guess there is something with DNS
    I mean the hosted domains work
    Michelle: Yes but any changes on the DNS settings really needs to waits to propagate.
    Me: So everything is set up correctly, openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca points to my hosted domain openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca and I just need to wait?
    Michelle: That is correct.

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper IV Helper IV
    Helper IV

Re: Not working fourth level domain, support says that everything is great

@testalexshumilo - when I did a Whois lookup on your domain just now, the name servers are with bigcommerce, not GoDaddy:

Name servers:
    ns1.bigcommerce.com
    ns2.bigcommerce.com

GoDaddy shows up as the registrar - what does your domain management panel indicate as the name servers? 

Cheers

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
    Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

Thanks for reply!

For lilhelper.ca is shows following:

But when I go to DNS Management tab it allows to select blog.lilhelper.ca domain and see corresponding A, MX, etc. records (screenshot attached)

Helper V
    Helper V
    Solution

I am using off site DNS and currently have my nameservers pointing to Cloudflare. With this setup I had no access to add DNS Records on godaddy until I added cPanel hosting. now I have the option to add DNS Record but since my Nameservers are not set to Godaddy none of the record will propagate or affect my Domain.

I did some checking on your domain.

dig NS lilhelper.ca
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;lilhelper.ca.                  IN      NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    lilhelper.ca.           299     IN      NS      ns2.bigcommerce.com.
    lilhelper.ca.           299     IN      NS      ns3.bigcommerce.com.
    lilhelper.ca.           299     IN      NS      ns1.bigcommerce.com.

DNS Changes for your domain need to be made at Big Commerce

Managing DNS use that article for instructions on how to make changes to DNS for Big Commerce

some more checking

dig ANY blog.lilhelper.ca
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    blog.lilhelper.ca.      299     IN      A       97.74.158.1

dig ANY openvbx.lilhelper.ca
    ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    lilhelper.ca. 299 IN SOA ns1.bigcommerce.com. serverops.interspire.com. 1342423812 10800 3600 604800 10800
    dig ANY openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca ;; AUTHORITY SECTION: lilhelper.ca. 299 IN SOA ns1.bigcommerce.com. serverops.interspire.com. 1342423812 10800 3600 604800 10800

This tells me you have a DNS entry for blog.lilhelper.ca but no entry for openvbx.lilhelper.ca or openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca I also ran the DIG Queries against your Nameserver and got the same results. 

The Issue is your Nameservers do not have an entry for openvbx.blog.lilhelper.ca

You will need to add an A Record for openvbx.blog and point it to 97.74.158.1 

@oslinux Thank you very much for help!