• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Once Website builder trial is over, what then?

Hi, currently using web site builder and noticed that the trial will end soon, within a month, so what then. buy PHP from "godaddy" ? to host the site so I could change it with say "openelement" etc.

Thanks 

Thanks 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User II

@datastream 

Before the trial is over, just renew the product and pay for it. Your site will remain up and live as long as you pay for it. That's all there is to it. 😊

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Super User III

The website builder platform is self-contained, it includes the designs, editor, and hosting.  The free trial is for you to test and see if the feature set and workflow will work for your needs.  If it does just follow one of the prompts within the account to upgrade to a paid plan.

If you would prefer to use a 3rd party application instead the site would need to be rebuilt for that platform.  I'd recommend Linux cPanel hosting if you go this route.

It can take up to 48 hours, but usually it's about an hour or two.  It sounds like you've flushed the DNS on your computer, you can also try resetting your router/modem.  It's also possible to be cached at the ISP level that you would need to just wait out.  We can run some tests if you want to post the domain.

Yellow, the source code does not look like it's from the website builder here.

You can try waiting it out.  I am not seeing any conclusive problems with the nameservers, but that is where I suspect the issue resides.

9 REPLIES 9
    Super User II

@datastream 

Before the trial is over, just renew the product and pay for it. Your site will remain up and live as long as you pay for it. That's all there is to it. 😊

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III

The website builder platform is self-contained, it includes the designs, editor, and hosting.  The free trial is for you to test and see if the feature set and workflow will work for your needs.  If it does just follow one of the prompts within the account to upgrade to a paid plan.

If you would prefer to use a 3rd party application instead the site would need to be rebuilt for that platform.  I'd recommend Linux cPanel hosting if you go this route.

Thanks to all for the replies. 

OK, decided to host a web site on another platform and have pointed GD DNS settings to the server about 24 hours ago, how long until it points to the new site? 48 hours ? 

Thanks 

(I've flushed DNS etc. tracert still points to GD)

It can take up to 48 hours, but usually it's about an hour or two.  It sounds like you've flushed the DNS on your computer, you can also try resetting your router/modem.  It's also possible to be cached at the ISP level that you would need to just wait out.  We can run some tests if you want to post the domain.

Thank you very much indeed, that's pretty awesome of you. 

in dos under "tracert" I get it pointing to 160.153.136.3 (which is go daddy) 

how ever a few online DNS checks show 185.176.4.90 which is the new host. 

but yeah well over 24 hours a go. 

the address is sharkdiagnostics.co.uk 

thanks 

It looks like I am able to access the website but I am getting inconsistent results using various DNS lookup tools.  Some look fine while others return no results, which is unusual as normally it would show the previous settings if it were a propagation issue.

If that IP address is static (doesn't change without notice) you can revert back to the "default" nameservers and manage your DNS with GoDaddy.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664?

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-ip-address-20134

TypeHost/namePoints to/value
    A record@185.176.4.90

Note if you have any other DNS settings they would need to be added here as well, like for email for example.

Thanks for your help. 

I can give it another 24 hours incase it's populating? 

I'm not sure if that's a static IP address, I can ask the host about that. 

Thanks...

p.s what page did you see? blue or yellow? 

Yellow, the source code does not look like it's from the website builder here.

You can try waiting it out.  I am not seeing any conclusive problems with the nameservers, but that is where I suspect the issue resides.

thanks, still the same this morning for me, not sure what the best thing to do, might as well wait or shall i just delete the GD web site all together?

Weird, if I change my dns settings I can get to every other page except mine...lol if i "tracert" it goes to the new host but no web site.

revert back to virgin medias DNS settings and "tracert" back to the godaddy and the old web site displayed. 

Thanks