• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Optimizations on the Website Builder Business vNext solution

I am hosting https://bi.polar.health for a client on the Website Builder Business vNext solution.

I want to consider lazy-loading offscreen and hidden images after all critical resources have finished loading to lower time to interact, leverage the font-display CSS feature to ensure text is user-visible while webfonts are loading, other suggested optimizations and add custom error pages including a 404 page. I am also curious about adding adverts. I don't see an option on the templates provided.

I don't see much flexibility. Is it possible to make these optimizations, add these pages and integrate with adverts without moving to a WordPress website?

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Optimizations on the Website Builder Business vNext solution

@cbillowes 

It sounds like you may have selected the wrong platform for what you want to do. 

GoCentral is a proprietary GoDaddy product meant to help those who have no idea how to build a website be able to project a web presence easily and quickly. You cannot access the backend servers, so much of what you want to do isn't possible from the end user's perspective.

Your best bet in this case is to consider moving to WordPress or another CMS that will allow those changes.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community