Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

PHP cURL not working

Hello,

i try to use cURL but on godaddy this not work Smiley Sad

I tested on other hosting and there working but on godaddy not working.

maybe someone know whats the problem here ? i already searched almost week every night after work, and tried so many things(what i find with google)but nothing, on godaddy cURL not working Smiley Sad

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: PHP cURL not working

I tested both scripts and can confirm the Godaddy Linux cPanel hosting supports cURL

What hosting plan do you have and what are you trying to do(Code) that is failing on your Godaddy account but working elsewhere?

Helper V
    Helper V

@saimur  I tested both scripts and can confirm the Godaddy Linux cPanel hosting supports cURL

What hosting plan do you have and what are you trying to do(Code) that is failing on your Godaddy account but working elsewhere? I's possible the version of php(Godaddy cPanel linux account default version is 5.4) does stuff differently or something else in your php code is failing or preventing cURL from working correctly.

Here is a script taken from Stack Exchange that can test if your host supports cURL Somereason having problems getting the code to paste so I have attached the file. You will need to upload the file to your web rood and then go to http://yourdomain.com/curl.php to run the script and test if cURL is supported cURL <Right Click and select Save as to download the file>

New

hello and many thanks for your answer.

i have Economy hosting plan.

And i already tested, that cURL is installed , i used phpinfo to display that.

But i will test your script right now and let you know.

thanks

New

hello and many thanks for your answer.  

i have Economy hosting plan. And i already tested, that cURL is installed , i used phpinfo to display that.

But i will test your script right now and let you know.

thanks

EDIT: I see on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13433946/how-to-check-if-curl-is-enabled-or-disabled  that phpinfo is ok to and i used that to get know if cURL is installed and it is, but still not work Smiley Frustrated

And CODE is here, i tested exactly same code on 3 servers and all working, only on godaddy not work: http://pastebin.com/CgnyRwBd

and i already edited php version to 5.5 and also tried 5.6 (other servers are 5.5 and 5.6 php where i tested) , but nothing work

thanks

New

godaddy.. please help me Smiley Sad

i searched on internet and im not alone..

there much of articles and most of them is sayd that need to use proxy like here: http://www.bin-co.com/php/articles/curl_in_godaddy.php

but non of them not works on godaddy. yeas they works on other shader hostings, but not on godaddy.

i need curl. please tell me if in godaddy this not possbile and i canceling my shader hosting on godaddy.
    right now im lost my money beacouse i cant do what i need Smiley Sad

New

unbelievable, godaddy is not talk anymore.. after i tested script on many hosting and I was assured that the problem is not main, they just not talk anymore..

just wow Smiley Surprised

How i can refund my money ? I dont want this kind of service, where your problem is ignored.

beacouse my project working over curl, if curl not working i have no point to be here and after so many days no progress, so really i just want to know how i can get refund my money ?

And dont come to say that i need to test something. I have tested many hours and right now i already have registered new shared hosting where CURL working, so please dont start sayng that godaddy CURL working.. ITS NOT WORKING!!!

My patience just cone.. if your project work ONLY when CURL is working, and there CURL is not work and after many days no progress, then wow..

if godaddy fix problem fast, then ok i dont want refund but if today not get any progress, then please just tell me how i can refund my money, beacouse like i said i need days ago setup my webproject and so i registered new shared hosting where CURL working and so my project already running, but i payd to godaddy for service and if i cant use that, then i want refund.

Sorry for my bad english.. english is not my native language..

Thanks!!!

New

Same problem... Not solved... Works on several other host...

Same problem... Not solved... Works on several other hosting, but not on GoDaddy.

Have you tried to change data-server to Europe/Asia?

Solution

Re: Same problem... Not solved... Works on several other host...

i was running with same issue, and found out i was missing a line of code which they want you to put.

i hope it helps.

{

$ch = curl_init();

$url = "https://{website you are trying to connect to}";
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);     ////// i was missing this line.
    $response = curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch);

}

Re: Same problem... Not solved... Works on several other host...

It looks godaddy not ready to resolve this problem

I am facing this issue, and they are not ready to find the root cause to solve this problem.

Godaddy want to sale only security patches, but CURL is so simple to work with PHP.

Not sure why Godaddy is not doing proper support. have to escalate further to consumer way..