• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Page Navigation Bar shortened to fit

My Navigation Bar has been reduced to 3 menu (2 + "More" dropdown) since I mad the last update Jan 2, 2020.  I have an entire screen open for menu items, and only three show up. Ugh! Spent an hour on the phone with GoDaddy and all I got was "Change your Theme".  Anyone else missing their menu items with the Navigation Bar across the top?  Anyway to fix it without changing my theme and reformatting my site for the new theme?  They're delusional if they think I'm redoing my site because they can't fix something.  HELP!  We are a small non-profit with limited human resources.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Page Navigation Bar shortened to fit

@ALOHAaz 

I think this has been explained at some point, but basically the themes that are available are built (coded) in a containerized fashion. So, the menu container, in order to be responsive and uniform across all platforms, has a finite area it can occupy on that theme.

Some themes tend to allow more in the way of screen real estate, such as the side-bar vertical layouts. It's a limit to the current design based on the software.

The Websites + Marketing platform might not be for you. It sounds like you'd like more control over the design of it. I would suggest checking out some of the many other CMS options out there and find one that suits you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @ALOHAaz,

Welcome to the Community!

Just a quick note on experimenting with the change of theme in the Websites+Marketing plan. A change of theme (to see if it will satisfactorily solve your issue) does not require you to redo the website. Trying a new theme (or changing it back) will fit your existing pictures, text, etc into the new design. We suggest backing up the website first so that you have a quick copy that you can restore to at any time. 

To change the theme, just go to the editing dashboard and choose "theme" in the menu on the right. When you click it, you'll be prompted to "try a new look".

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

@ALOHAaz 

I think this has been explained at some point, but basically the themes that are available are built (coded) in a containerized fashion. So, the menu container, in order to be responsive and uniform across all platforms, has a finite area it can occupy on that theme.

Some themes tend to allow more in the way of screen real estate, such as the side-bar vertical layouts. It's a limit to the current design based on the software.

The Websites + Marketing platform might not be for you. It sounds like you'd like more control over the design of it. I would suggest checking out some of the many other CMS options out there and find one that suits you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Hi @ALOHAaz,

Welcome to the Community!

Just a quick note on experimenting with the change of theme in the Websites+Marketing plan. A change of theme (to see if it will satisfactorily solve your issue) does not require you to redo the website. Trying a new theme (or changing it back) will fit your existing pictures, text, etc into the new design. We suggest backing up the website first so that you have a quick copy that you can restore to at any time. 

To change the theme, just go to the editing dashboard and choose "theme" in the menu on the right. When you click it, you'll be prompted to "try a new look".

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Ugh!! My navigation bar all of a sudden shortened also. I've spent days trying to figure out why it would change all of a sudden. Its extremely frustrating, as it worked just fine before, and now it screws up my home page. I've been extremely happy with GoDaddy up until this point, and have recommended them to others. But if they can't fix something that wasn't even broken in the first place we may be looking else where for a provider.