• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Page editing

I hope I'm in the correct section.  I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to edit the size of images?

How can I move something to where I want on the page.  (example: Instead of a 'button' just below an image, how can I put it where I want it on the page)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Page editing

@Photonut 

It depends. If you're using the GoDaddy Website builder, then you're a bit locked in on the options they give you as they are standardized templates designed for ease of use and not customization.

If that's something you need, I would suggest a CMS (content management system) like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@Photonut 

It depends. If you're using the GoDaddy Website builder, then you're a bit locked in on the options they give you as they are standardized templates designed for ease of use and not customization.

If that's something you need, I would suggest a CMS (content management system) like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    New

Hi MrVapor

Bit of a Noob to GoDaddy here, but firstly thanks for the 1001 answers to various questions that I've seen as I've browsed the forums.

It feels and sounds like the Website Builder is an easy way to get content into place, but editing that content is either impossible or needs you to be poking around by adding HTML manually. This comment here, about something as simple as changing the size of an image, seems like a perfect example. It feels like it should be straightforward but it clearly isn't.

Is Wordpress capable of taking the GoDaddy built pages and working with them, or has the builder created a mass of unwieldy HTML that means starting from scratch is the better option? I'm now in a position where what I have built is not what I really want for my product but I'm seemingly unable to make the changes I need. If starting again from scratch is the next step then the sooner I know (and can cost it) the better.

Steve Pritchard
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Hi @Sionel,

The Websites+Marketing plan (W+M) is proprietary software (like most companies' customer builders) and does not translate over to a WordPress application. For WordPress you can either purchase a cPanel plan and install the WordPress application, or you can go with the Managed WordPress hosting available. 

To rebuild the website, you can keep the W+M plan online to emulate, or simply copy/paste text, while you build your WordPress website on a subdomain of the one used for the W+M plan. When you're ready to switch over, you can rename the WP plan and re-point the DNS.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support