• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

PayPal button HTML looks fine in website builder but does not work

So first off I must state that I’m new to building websites and completely ignorant when it comes to code.

My problem is that when building our website for our small business, I used PayPal “add to cart” buttons to allow my customers to buy products from us. I copied the HTML code from PayPal’s site after creating my specific buttons and pasted it into the website builder HTML box. My buttons and drop down menu look right on the site but if you click the “add to cart” button, it takes you to a paypal page saying there has been a problem. PayPal says that the HTML code is different on my published page than what the button shows on my PayPal. Why is the code changing and how do I fix this?

As a side note- two of my 6 current buttons do actually work correctly.
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Zjdennis 

Ah, I understand. I don't believe the current build of the Website Builder is capable of that. If you need that specific functionality, I think you'll need to choose a new platform.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

@Zjdennis 

Paypal integration is included with the Websites + Marketing Website Builder. You shouldn't have to add an HTML button to the site. https://godaddy.com/help/add-a-paypal-button-for-donations-or-single-items-26814

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

I needed the option of adding drop down menus for item options. I could not figure out how to do that with the integrated buttons?

@Zjdennis 

Ah, I understand. I don't believe the current build of the Website Builder is capable of that. If you need that specific functionality, I think you'll need to choose a new platform.

View solution in original post