• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

PayPal button - hiding paypal email

I have added and tested the Paypal donate button.  I am concerned that when transferred to Paypal, my paypal email address is revealed.  Is there any way to connect to the paypal account and not have that email address shown during the payment process?

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: PayPal button - hiding paypal email

The email address is one of the ways PayPal authenticates you and allows others to find you @helixpi. I don't know why you would not want your email address visible? In theory your business (or another) identifying name would already be displayed? Perhaps you currently have a personal email address associated with your PayPal?

You can add other email addresses to your PayPal that function like your primary email address in most cases. Check out How do I add additional email addresses to my PayPal account?. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: PayPal button - hiding paypal email

Back again @helixpi. I forgot to mention that you can also select Use my secure merchant account ID when creating a PayPal Donate Button. Come back and let us know if that sold your issue. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head