• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Payment Option: Square Gift Card

I have Square as my payment processor on my GoCentral ecommerce page. Inside the Square dashboard, there is the ability to offer gift cards. I would like to offer gift cards that can be purchased in $25, $50, $100 denominations but also there would need to be the ability to redeem these as a payment option. Is this available? Or is this an upgrade? If not, what other ecommerce program supports gift cards so it can be used as additional marketing?
    9 REPLIES 9
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Payment Option: Square Gift Card

Never mind. I found my answer on Square’s website.

Note: Gift Cards can only be redeemed from Square Online Store. There currently isn’t a way to redeem a gift card from 3rd-Party eCommerce integrations.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thanks for coming back to post what you found out @snhightower2015! I'm sure there will be other Community members who will have the same question and your answer will be helpful to them. Take care!

Rachel

New

YES ... that would be me.   looking for the same thing...    its really ashame the 2 that work together cant make this work....     THATs a cool feature to offer. 

I think it's unacceptable that I've set up a store at GoDaddy because it was recommended to me as a partner with Squareup, but gift cards sold through Square for my store are not accepted on my store that is set up to process payments through Square.  This is downright unacceptable.  For now I will voice my gripes to GoDaddy and Square and hope that enough others do the same but I can promise that I won't be waiting long to seek out an alternative ecommerce site that is set up to offer gift cards.  this is just crazy...

I think it's unacceptable that I've set up a store at GoDaddy because it was recommended to me as a partner with square (I was already using the POS app and had my inventory loaded there), but gift cards sold through square for my store can't be accepting on my store that is processing square payments.  All I can do is voice my gripes to GoDaddy and Square and hope that enough others do the same.  I can't imagine this is not going to be resolved.  If not I"ll be looking for alternatives.

@wrk wrote:

YES ... that would be me.   looking for the same thing...    its really ashame the 2 that work together cant make this work....     THATs a cool feature to offer. 

Has anyone of you find a gift card that would work?

I'm not sure I understand the why behind this not being an easy fix - the redemption of Square gift cards on the godaddy site (or any 3rd party it sounds like). 

Its not acceptable, however, especially as even our local customers WANT to be able to shop online and pickup in store or utilize a curb side pickup.  Gift cards need to be redeemable online as well as in store. 

Solution

I made gift certificates using coupon codes.  They buy the Gift Certificate like they buy any other product in my store.  They can choose the dollar amount from my pull down menu.  Then I email the Gift Certificate - I created it on MS Word and I add in the coupon code.  They can print this to give as a gift or email it to anyone.  Or I can send via regular mail.   If they use it all up, good.  If not, then I will re-issue them another Gift Certificate [aka coupon code] that will go with their remaining balance within 24 hours.  You have to be certain to mark each coupon code that you create as a "one time use", otherwise, your customer would be able to come back and reuse the whole gift certificate dollar amount again.  - This is my work around.  Hope this helps you!

Thank you @ExpSoaps! I have already been doing basically the same this. Wracked my brain for a while and came up with the same “workaround” as you!
    Cyndi

Sent from my iPad