• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Advocate V Advocate V
    Advocate V

Payment processors and eCommerce

I have a number of small to medium sized customers who are having issues with Paypal.  They are so aggressive in getting new members that their payment system is confusing.  People think they are paying when they're really signing up for an account.  Then when they go to buy something else, they use the same credit card and are told they can't use this payment instrument, use a different card.  It's all very confusing to a person who is not particularly web savvy.

What are some other options for clients that want to accept payments or sell products online?  What are your favorites and what are their benefits?

Keep on Coding!
    Mark Cicchetti - There are 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.
    9 REPLIES 9

Re: Payment processors and eCommerce

I use Square and Dwolla.

Dwolla has wonderful customer service and is very economical, but not a lot of people use it so there's a learning curve with it.

Square is SUPER easy to install and their backend is great but their customer service lags.  They use email submits and can take up to 48 hours to respond.  Their FAQ section is basic so more in depth issues and questions have to use the email submit. 

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

It really depends on the scale? I always suggest website integrated options over sending visitors out to make purchases but that kind of thing isn't for less than ten transactions per month. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

Hi,

Are you using Square to accept payment within a GoDaddy online store? I use Square at events and love it, and am in process of building an online store. It looked as if GoDaddy only allows Stripe.

Thanks!

g

New New
    New

Have you tried Stripe yet? I'm a fan and often run that and PayPal. But if I had to choose one for site payments it would be Stripe.

eLiz
    Happy Joe • Fostering Healthy and Happy Lives for Veterans
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

@gg317 wrote:

Hi,

Are you using Square to accept payment within a GoDaddy online store? I use Square at events and love it, and am in process of building an online store. It looked as if GoDaddy only allows Stripe.

Thanks!

g

Square has recently released a WooCommerce integration and made a available web payment API for use. I integrated it for a website just last month, the retail/website and stock integration works very well. I'll probably start suggesting the Square option over authorize.net for website/retail implementations.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Dear Mark,

Seems to me your clients may be using the basic PayPal account which redirects them to PayPal servers to checkout/submit payment. I can see how this can be confusing. This type of integration is very old fashioned and does not fit anyone looking to offer their clients a seamless user friendly way to checkout / submit their payment.

You may wan to look into integrating their websites with PayPal Pro or a compatible service such as Authorize.Net (AIM) where users submit payment right on the site and are not directed to a third party (i.e. PayPal).

This will require them to purchase and install an SSL certificate and obtain a static IP address but will ensure a smoother transaction and less customer support for confused customers.

Good luck

Y

Did you add the square payment system to your GOdaddy website? This is what I would like to do! Square is so easy to use when attending events, fairs, markets!

What is the process for integrating square to my Godaddy website?

So how did you use Square as your API interface for credit card processing?  I would love to do that.  My bank charges WAY too much and I'm about to launch a product and have much more traffic on my merchant account!!  I set my Shopping Cart up with godaddy using authorize.net and my bank.  Do I still use authorize.net but switch that interface (API) to Square?  How do I do that?   You mention WooCommerce - I didn't see that in the payment options with godaddy for my shopping cart.  Help!  Thanks so much!