• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Placing PDF files on Website

We are a non-denomination publication work. I have been on GoDaddy for years. Our publication is printed bi-monthly. I place each issue online using MyDrive/Chrome link. It is available to the public for anyone to read.  I have 8 years of files on our website now. I am wondering if this is the best way for us to continue. Right now I am having problems with my PDF files. I was using Adobe Acrobat Reader. I would prefer not to pay them a monthly fee. Finances are limited.  I use the cute-PDF program and then compile the 12 pages each issue on My Drive then link it to the website. Any ideas. I would appreciate it very much. Our website is 7thtrumpetpublication.com.

Thanks, 

Juanita Coy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks to you both for your ideas. But, Open Office is not compatible with Microsoft Publisher!
    I did however find out there was a place on Publisher to convert files to PDF. This process took me all day! Just thought I’d pass on what I found out in case someone else has similar problems.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User II

@Trumpetpress193 

Is your concern creating the PDFs for free?  Or having them off or on your website?

There are several free programs that create PDFs.  My word processing program which is free, OpenOffice, includes the option to "Save as PDF" with security options too.

W+M allows you to upload PDFs to your website so the files are stored there instead of off-site.  Not sure if having 8 years of copies is of value -- only you know that for sure.

Maybe if you can explain in more detail exactly what your concern is?  I'm happy to help! 😉

Judith
    "No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OFFERING TO HELP!

I guess I didn't make myself clear.

First, I WANT the pages to be available online to everyone. It is a ministry to encourage others. The 11 years of copies are of great value to me.

This has been my process through the years:

1. I use Microsoft Publisher on my computer to create each issue - the free files I have had for years.
    2. I downloaded a program called Cute-PDF in order to put them into PDF format. this is free
    3. Then I compile the pages together in another program (A-PDF Page Cut & Split - free
    4. I then use PDF Fill PDF Tools program to put the files in the correct order - free.
    4. Then I upload the 12-page file to My Drive on my computer. My Drive gives me a link to the entire publication.
    5. From there I place the link on the website for anyone to upload and read or print - I also use Mail Marketing on GoDaddy with the link to send it out to my subscribers.

I don't use Word for the publication, and I don't use Open Office. I hope I haven't confused you more.

MY Main PROBLEM is: something has changed and I can't get the PDF program to work.

Acrobat Reader is $15 a month? I also looked at Google My Drive for Business, which is $6-12 a month. It all adds up.

Of course I pay GoDaddy.

We are a free-will offering publication. I want to use the money wisely. If I need to go to Acrobat Reader I will?

I am anxious to hear your response.

If it is better you can email me at: trumpetpress@hotmail.com

Thanks again,

Juanita

@Trumpetpress193  I believe you can replace all of the steps to create the file using the OpenOffice suite @Muse suggested, it is also free so you may want to check it out.

Your existing workflow of uploading the files to a file sharing service and then creating links gives you the most flexibility to organize the links on your site.

Thanks to you both for your ideas. But, Open Office is not compatible with Microsoft Publisher!
    I did however find out there was a place on Publisher to convert files to PDF. This process took me all day! Just thought I’d pass on what I found out in case someone else has similar problems.

View solution in original post