• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Problem with valid pages listing on google search console

I have no idea how much of a problem this is- I have contacted the support team 3 times for advice and had a different answer each time. Basically my valid pages have gone from 80+ to 11 pages since September. The support team have republished my page, updated my IP and today basically told me that this was pages that were deleted in March (not true!) Never mind about the 50 odd pages that cant be crawled - I was more worried about the crawl anomalies developed since September on 51 current pages. I ended up losing the chat but was told that a restore backup from March was the only solution the team could suggest. The restore backup link also had missing all my publishing between March and 14th November - no one could explain the missing records - any ideas gratefully received. I have about 40 days before I decide whether to renew - 😞  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: Problem with valid pages listing on google search console

Google has some information on how that reporting works and has a troubleshooting section that might guide you in determining why that changed. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7440203?hl=en

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Helper V
    Solution

@JenaCoffeyThis is very information. Unfortunately, it says only the main store pages are indexed. None of the individual products. There is no way to add SEO at the product or category level, so none of our products are being found. I can type in a very unique product title word for word and it will not come up in the search engines. Our products are not being indexed as they should be, so shopper cannot find them when searching.

6 REPLIES 6
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Google has some information on how that reporting works and has a troubleshooting section that might guide you in determining why that changed. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7440203?hl=en

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

Highlighted
    Helper V
    Solution

@JenaCoffeyThis is very information. Unfortunately, it says only the main store pages are indexed. None of the individual products. There is no way to add SEO at the product or category level, so none of our products are being found. I can type in a very unique product title word for word and it will not come up in the search engines. Our products are not being indexed as they should be, so shopper cannot find them when searching.

Highlighted

Yes and I found that the product page URL has changed. I have been listing the product URLS separately on google search console to be indexed but although they have been crawled they have not yet been indexed by google - I had about 90 valid pages - now 19 with 43 crawl anomalies (about 10 are deleted pages from my set up ) and about 45 are now crawled but not indexed. I have raised this with godaddy website help 4 times and although the support is supportive, as there still is not sitemap for the store despite us being told this would be fixed at the end of the year- there is nothing they can do. and no apology for changing the product URLs without telling anyone - its like they are denying that SEO is important. My organic views have dropped to ZERO and unless I do all the marketing through fb because my blog pages have also been affected, I cant be found - do they think that we will just move to their next level offering? That's not really how customers think - its about trust right? and sorry to say GoDaddy have lost mine.
    I am sad as I worked so hard on my site and I had a good relationship with my sales guy there but as my renewal comes up at the end of this month, I'll be taking my website and domains elsewhere.
    Highlighted

Hi I’m currently having the same issue I moved my site from ekm to godaddy and organic visits and sales plummeted - it turns out that all my individual product pages listed on Godaddy are not crawled, indexed or showing on google search engine - been on to godaddy three times and told nothing they can do ! So going to have to switch to a hosting site which can accommodate effectively my site - which is fairly small and not complicated so amazed Godaddy cannot assist it getting my products listed - wasted a lot of time, money and effort on this
    Highlighted

Hi Yes, I came to the renewal of the website and moved to Wix - I'm already getting more visits and sales.

Jackie
    Highlighted

Thanks, Jackie, I have moved back to EKM which is able to list individual product pages so that Google finds them - In my case customers often would just put a part number into Google and the relevant page on my website www.gritex.co.uk would come up but once I moved to Godaddy individual product pages were not listed and indexed by Google so I lost a lot of sales - Godaddy was not able to resolve this issue so I have switched back to EKM and had to transfer all my products over as there is not a way to import web sites - lesson learnt I guess - I hope you're getting on well with Wix.