• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Getting Started

Problem with valid pages listing on google search console

I have no idea how much of a problem this is- I have contacted the support team 3 times for advice and had a different answer each time. Basically my valid pages have gone from 80+ to 11 pages since September. The support team have republished my page, updated my IP and today basically told me that this was pages that were deleted in March (not true!) Never mind about the 50 odd pages that cant be crawled - I was more worried about the crawl anomalies developed since September on 51 current pages. I ended up losing the chat but was told that a restore backup from March was the only solution the team could suggest. The restore backup link also had missing all my publishing between March and 14th November - no one could explain the missing records - any ideas gratefully received. I have about 40 days before I decide whether to renew - 😞  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Employee

Google has some information on how that reporting works and has a troubleshooting section that might guide you in determining why that changed. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7440203?hl=en

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post

@Gritex, @Jackieartesan , @Hopeful, I am so sorry all of you are having issues getting your sites to pull up on Google. I know how important this is for your business and especially during these difficult times. I am wondering if any of you have tried using the SEO tool to optimize those pages. This is a good article of how to start: https://www.godaddy.com/help/improve-my-websites-seo-20110. Make sure you go all the way through to optimize the product pages, if you haven't already. Since you do not have access to the proprietary coding of the builder we provide this tool to help with the SEO of your site. Hopefully, this was the missing piece of the puzzle you needed. Thank you all for reaching out to let us know you are having trouble!

16 REPLIES 16
    Employee

Google has some information on how that reporting works and has a troubleshooting section that might guide you in determining why that changed. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7440203?hl=en

@JenaCoffeyThis is very information. Unfortunately, it says only the main store pages are indexed. None of the individual products. There is no way to add SEO at the product or category level, so none of our products are being found. I can type in a very unique product title word for word and it will not come up in the search engines. Our products are not being indexed as they should be, so shopper cannot find them when searching.

Yes and I found that the product page URL has changed. I have been listing the product URLS separately on google search console to be indexed but although they have been crawled they have not yet been indexed by google - I had about 90 valid pages - now 19 with 43 crawl anomalies (about 10 are deleted pages from my set up ) and about 45 are now crawled but not indexed. I have raised this with godaddy website help 4 times and although the support is supportive, as there still is not sitemap for the store despite us being told this would be fixed at the end of the year- there is nothing they can do. and no apology for changing the product URLs without telling anyone - its like they are denying that SEO is important. My organic views have dropped to ZERO and unless I do all the marketing through fb because my blog pages have also been affected, I cant be found - do they think that we will just move to their next level offering? That's not really how customers think - its about trust right? and sorry to say GoDaddy have lost mine.
    I am sad as I worked so hard on my site and I had a good relationship with my sales guy there but as my renewal comes up at the end of this month, I'll be taking my website and domains elsewhere.

Hi I’m currently having the same issue I moved my site from ekm to godaddy and organic visits and sales plummeted - it turns out that all my individual product pages listed on Godaddy are not crawled, indexed or showing on google search engine - been on to godaddy three times and told nothing they can do ! So going to have to switch to a hosting site which can accommodate effectively my site - which is fairly small and not complicated so amazed Godaddy cannot assist it getting my products listed - wasted a lot of time, money and effort on this

Hi Yes, I came to the renewal of the website and moved to Wix - I'm already getting more visits and sales.

Jackie

Thanks, Jackie, I have moved back to EKM which is able to list individual product pages so that Google finds them - In my case customers often would just put a part number into Google and the relevant page on my website www.gritex.co.uk would come up but once I moved to Godaddy individual product pages were not listed and indexed by Google so I lost a lot of sales - Godaddy was not able to resolve this issue so I have switched back to EKM and had to transfer all my products over as there is not a way to import web sites - lesson learnt I guess - I hope you're getting on well with Wix. 

@Gritex, @Jackieartesan , @Hopeful, I am so sorry all of you are having issues getting your sites to pull up on Google. I know how important this is for your business and especially during these difficult times. I am wondering if any of you have tried using the SEO tool to optimize those pages. This is a good article of how to start: https://www.godaddy.com/help/improve-my-websites-seo-20110. Make sure you go all the way through to optimize the product pages, if you haven't already. Since you do not have access to the proprietary coding of the builder we provide this tool to help with the SEO of your site. Hopefully, this was the missing piece of the puzzle you needed. Thank you all for reaching out to let us know you are having trouble!

@JenaCoffey 

copy to @Jackieartesan @Gritex 

Jena, it is kind of you to take an interest in the seriousness of this issue. I, like others, have invested years into your shopping cart products and have yet to achieve any results to speak of. The SEO does NOT index individual products, only general pages. Which means our products are not being found. Period. That is why Gritex and Jackieartesan finally gave up and left GoDaddy. Very sad. You could have a great product. A really great product if GD would resolve its internal issues and give us what we've been paying for...

Hi I dropped the website as I did all the SEO optimisation I could but the pages remain invalid on google search console plus the technical support confirmed that the pages could not be found on search engines. I actually found the suggestion to SEO optimise pretty patronising and since I've been with another web provider my sales have increased by 200%.
    Please please can you listen to your customers and get this sorted out. I preferred your web set up but is sales cant be made there is no point using it

@Jackieartesan I am very sorry if I came across patronizing as that was definitely not my intention. I truly was asking to confirm that it doesn't help with the indexing issue you and others have had. I am definitely listening and I hear you! I have put in a request to have this looked into and I am asking the others who still have the builders to submit their feedback as well. We definitely want you to be successful because we cannot be successful ourselves if our customers are not. I am glad you were able to find something that is working well for you and your business. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope to soon have good news to share with you!

@JenaCoffeywith copy to @Jackieartesan @Gritex 

It's been 3 weeks since you indicated you'd look into this serious matter. What have you determined and what is being done about it?? Thank you.

Community Manager

@Hopeful I know that several of our team members have been in touch with you again lately to help you with some of the issues you've been experiencing. @JenaCoffey has been kind enough to help out in the Community in her spare time as she works her full time position helping our customers when they call in. Hope you're hanging in there during this difficult time. Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@RachelMHi Rachel. Yes, Jena has offered to look into this, for which I'm very thankful. As you know, I've been trying to make headway on this for over 2 years. There are several unresolved, active issues that are preventing the store from working properly so I appreciate the help all these folks are giving, yourself included. You hang in there, too. It's rough out here!!

@Hopeful, I appreciate your response and clarification. I am sorry to hear that the SEO tool does not help with this issue. I completely agree that the builder product would be greatly improved if users were able to get the products indexed with Google and can understand why this would be a big issue for those selling products on their website. I have put in a suggestion to our team to have this looked into further because I was not aware there wasn't a work around. Again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain this to me. I am not sure if you have already done so but you also can provide this feedback in the builder itself. I only mention this because I know it is regularly reviewed and the data is used to create projects for improvement of the builder tools. If you have not yet, please go in to the builders editing tool and click on Website Builder on the upper left. Then choose Give Us Feedback. I feel it doesn't hurt to have it reported multiple times. Thanks again and take care!

We have the same problem with our website. No one is finding our individual products in Google. Before we switched over to the new-improved "bells and whistles" site our sales were great, but since doing so, the traffic to our site has tanked, as have sales. We have done all the SEO optimization we can, and still it doesn't help. We prepaid our site for two years, and we’re regretting that. Unless this problem gets fixed, we will probably be closing our store once our two years are up. Sales aren't covering what we're paying for the website. 23 years we've had our website, and it all came crashing down when we switched over to the new sitebuilder.

Jena, I tried to find the "Give Us Feedback" link you referred to to report this issue we're having with products not showing up in Google, but could not locate it. If you could please stress the importance to your higher ups about fixing this issue, it would help many of your customers. As one person above mentioned, there is no sense in keeping a site if you're not making any sales on it.