• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Publish website from Website Builder to existing Webhosting at GoDaddy

I created a web site with GoDaddy's Website Builder. If I press the "Publish" button it publishes to xxxx.godaddysites.com. I want to change this to an other domain. I have two options:

1. Under my account I have a Web Hosting product (Deluxe Web Hosting Windows), but this domain is not recognised if I want to change my Domain.
    2. I have another account with another Website on it, but if I fill in this domain name (option 2) it does not publish there.

Where do I go wrong?

Many thanks for any help...

14 REPLIES 14
    Community Manager

Hi @CrazyDutch61

Seems like you're on our newest version of Website Builder. To set a domain, you'll have to have one available in your account. To do so tap the menu icon in the upper left corner,

menu.jpgThen click on Settings,

settings.jpg

and then click on domain.

settings2.jpg

You should then be able to choose a domain to use on the site. Once you've done so, publishing should assign the site to the new domain and automatically update it's DNS. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have this same problem! and I apparently don't have the newest because it looks nothing like that, no settings options.

@crowmagnus

Only one version of our Website Builder would set up a website with xxxxx.godaddysites.com. If that's what you're seeing, you'd have to be on the same version as @CrazyDutch61 and would have the same version. If you're seeing something else, please post images of what you're seeing so someone can try to help you out. 

@tmaj

Yes. Though to call it a "version" is a little premature. It hasn't been fully released yet and is still in development. Therefore, it is only visible in a small amount of accounts.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW

When the new "version" releases, will V7 "just get upgraded" or we all have to start from scratch, again?

@tmaj wrote:

@JesseW

When the new "version" releases, will V7 "just get upgraded" or we all have to start from scratch, again?

Hey @tmaj,

We're aware that our customers will want to make a smooth transition when a newer version is released. As this one specific "version" is still in early development; we'll have more info on the transition plans when they become available. We'll also be sure to let all Website Builder users know. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@JesseW

What is the "newest version" of WSB? Something, beyond V7?

Getting very very frustrated as a new Godaddy to hosting and website builder products! 

When I went to first set up website builder, by creating a website, choosing a theme etc. it asks me which domain I want to use for the website...

I choose!

Nice it'll automatically publish to my domain! How convenient and makes sense since I chose hosting AND website builder with Godaddy! 

That's not how it's working out, at all!

I created my website and decide to publish it. 

Thank you! Your site has been published! The address is myname.godaddysites.com!

Umm.. No because you asked me which domain I wanted it to go to when I set it up!

So why is this? 

I go through community posts only to find that others seem to have the same issue. And the answers given DO NOT WORK.

I go back to My Products page

I Choose Website Builder plus arrow and it did say mydomain.com but now it says myname.godaddysites.com

Well I click on Manage

I click Settings at the top and choose "Domain Settings"

Oh well well look here, it is set to myname.godaddysites.com and there is a radio button that will allow me to choose AGAIN my registered, hosted, domain with godaddy.

I click the radio button and then click OK

I go to my domain.com and same maintenance page. No website. 

Clicking Edit Site next or after closing and reopening browser I return to Manage Website builder 

Oh **** it's back to myname.godaddysites.com! ***!!

I go back to godaddy.com

I'm still signed in, which is nice. I click down arrow by my name and click Products.

I click plus sign and of course it says myname.godaddysites.com, I again click manage.

Settings at the top. Domain settings. Let's try this again. I choose mydomain.com from the domain drop down list. Click OK.

Edit my site a little and click publish. After I publish I click to see my published site. Oh maintenance page again. 

I go back to drop down up in top right corner and go to Products. Website builder. myname.godaddysites.com! 

Why am I having nothing but issues with all of your products. You don't even want me to go into issues with hosting and I worked with customer service. "Okay now wait 24 to 48 hours and try again". I wait 3 days! Same error in hosting! I ended up fixing that myself. By resetting hosting. Some fix btw. 

I have screen shots but I seem to not be able to post those. Maybe because I'm so new to the community. I don't know, I can guess all day long with your product. By the way I would like my money back for the almost $200 of hosting services. I haven't had it one month and I am VERY DISSATISFIED! 

Brandy

Same problem here and chat is still offline.... pretty poor service!

I'm having the same issue. This is extremely frustrating.
    New

@CrazyDutch61 wrote:

I created a web site with GoDaddy's Website Builder. If I press the "Publish" button it publishes to xxxx.godaddysites.com. I want to change this to an other domain. I have two options:

1. Under my account I have a Web Hosting product (Deluxe Web Hosting Windows), but this domain is not recognised if I want to change my Domain.
    2. I have another account with another Website on it, but if I fill in this domain name (option 2) it does not publish there.

Where do I go wrong?

Many thanks for any help...

i'm having the same issue.    each time i select my free xxxxxxx.com domain before i edit and then publish the webpage.    it then directs me and says it was successfully published to my xxxxxxx.godaddysite.com domain....   HUH?    is this a bug?   

choy wrote:

i'm having the same issue.    each time i select my free xxxxxxx.com domain before i edit and then publish the webpage.    it then directs me and says it was successfully published to my xxxxxxx.godaddysite.com domain....   HUH?    is this a bug?   

Hey @choy,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

If you're on the same version CrazyDutch61 is using, then the instructions JesseW provided should work. If you're still seeing it publish to the temporary domain, you might try clearing your local browser cache settings or using another internet browser to publish from. If the issue persists after that, you'll want to reach out to our live support so this can be investigated further. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I am having the same problem and the instructions provided do not work. If I select manage from website builder under "My Products" I get a page that has a horizontal menu: Dashboard Themes Contacts Settings. If I choose settings here it does provide a pop-up to change my domain from the default assigned by website builder "xxxx.godaddysites.com" which is shown in the upper right hand corner of the website build page. I enter my domain already hosted on godaddy in the dialog and the website builder page updates that address in the upper right hand corner. However, when I go into "Edit Site" and select publish it publishes to the default xxx.godaddysites.com address rather than my domain.  The issue is not as simple as just editing the text. Please explain to me what I must do with my existing domain to get this to work.

Hello @underthelake,

That sounds as though there may be something that's not working right within the system. The only way to be sure would be to have our support team look into that for you. I'd recommend giving them a call so they can troubleshoot with you.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

You have to exit Designer and click on Settings on the page that pops up. You will see Domain settings in the drop down.