• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Publish website from Website Builder to existing Webhosting at GoDaddy

Hi,

I have a DNS set up for my web hosting product.

I've created a website through Website Builder, and I now want to use the DNS of the web hosting product.

It doesn't let me do that (the 'use my domains' is not available, and if I type it manually I'm being told it's already in use). Fair enough-  but my question is : how do I free up the DNS from the web hosting product?
    I've tried managing hosting domains in the web hosting, but it's a primary domain, and 'delete' or 'edit' are greyed out.

My question is: how do I free up the DNS in the Web Hosting so I can use it for my Website Builder site?

thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2

I am thinking of cancelling the web hosting account - that should free up the domain name, but then my question is: will I lose the free website builder account then? 

Community Manager

Hi @vilnico. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I noticed you mentioned in this post that you had found a solution for your issue. If you could update here with what you figured out, that would be great! If not, and you still need help, that would be good to know as well!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.