• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Questions about webhosting

I am considering a move from Tripod to GoDaddy and would like to know some basics.

1. Is there a browser based uploader or is FTP necessary?

2. Is there an online HTML editor so I can modify files online?

3. Do you really get unlimited storage for only $5 / month?

4. I do not use add-ons, bots etc and do all my coding directly in HTML.  Is that practical?

5. Tripod seems to have non-existant help.  GoDaddy seems better.

6. I have worked in Windows and Linux but not sure which is best.  Any comments?

Thanks - Bill

2 REPLIES 2
    Solution

Re: Questions about webhosting

Didn't get any replies but went ahead and signed up anyway.  My domain name does not seem to be active yet and I'm not sure how to proceed from here.  I code directly in HTML using Notepad or the supplied HTML editor.  I haven't read all the getting started stuff yet but am hoping if I just put an "index.html" file in the root directory it will be a beginning.  I am migrating over from Tripod.  Thanks for any help.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Questions about webhosting

@cwhowell2

Sorry you didn't receive any responses -- there are so many posts and, speaking for myself, I've been swamped with off-GoDaddy stuff! Smiley Wink   In case you still need help...

All depends on what you signed up for as to what you can or cannot do.  If shared hosting, what you describe will work fine.  In GoCentral there is no FTP access to upload your index.html.

To assign you domain to your hosting account here's how. 

If you still have questions, reply back here and be sure to use @Muse so I get a notice and I'll come back and help!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt