• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Remove document from nebula.wsimg.com

Please help me to remove a pdf file which was uploaded to my old website created using Website Builder. Website builder account was cancelled years ago, but one of the pdf files uploaded to that website still remains at the link: http://nebula.wsimg.com/8031345c3c377373d22bbcf6e1a08903?AccessKeyId=9FD9E306A61F115D4875&dispositio...

This document also appears in google search when I type my first name!

Thanks in advance..

6 REPLIES 6
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: Remove document from nebula.wsimg.com

Hi @jamtp,

Even the USA government had difficulty removing some documents, as Wikileaks proved. Once it's out there it's out there, why you should be careful with Facebook! 

You would have to approach the people hosting the document, and ask nicely to remove it.

New

helo @Anonymous</a>,

Thanks for the reply. But the whois records say the domain is a part of GoDaddy. I had spoken to GoDaddy customer support agents about this earlier, they also confirmed the link points to one of their servers, but they couldn't help removing it 😞 Are you able to suggest any ways to reach this nebula.wsimg.com people directly?

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi @jamtp,

No you are missing the point. The server may be a godaddy server, but they can't force a company who is hosting on their server to take down material that doesn't break any laws. Godaddy may own the hardware, but don't own intellectual property rights. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

They can't just go in there and take your PDF file away!! Not in this part of the world anyways. 

I reiterate; you will have to speak nicely with the site owners if you originally gave the PDF of your own free will and no laws were, or are being broken.

New

Hi rammsteinium,

I completely agree with your points. But the site owner in this case is myself. It was my own website created using Godaddy's website builder (www.jamshiyas.com), and this pdf file was the one I uploaded to that website (using the default file upload option within website builder). So I presume a 3rd party (other than me and GoDaddy) is not in the picture. When the site was active, when someone click on a particular link, this same page (nebula.wsimg.com/...) used to launch. Now the problem is, even after closing the website builder account and the website itself, this file is still there. It is an outdated document which has my personal details too, I badly want to get it removed! Hope you got the situation 🙂 Thank you so much for your time..

I am experiencing the exact same problem. An old pdf resume I had put on my godaddy website is still out there. The website has been non-functional for 2 years. I can't get rid of the pdf. It lingers. Have you had any solution yet? I clicked your link - and it looks like it's still showing your resume... so I guess we're in the same boat.

nebula is the cloud and ws img identifies that it is a document.   If the document or image begins with GD, it is Godaddy's cloud.